MLB COVID-19 outbreaks: None of as Sept 18

bmags

Hopefully they can get past this, but have it be a warning not to get in each other’s faces. Be miserable for 9 weeks...it may make you millions of dollars someday. No hugs, no fist bumps, no high fives, don’t spit near anyone, wear a mask where they tell you to, stay in your hotel room and get spankovision, whatever you have to do to lessen the possibility of getting and spreading it. 

Just now, Butter Parque said:

That’s a side step. The point is people have contracted the Coronavirus while wearing masks religiously, washing hands, etc. I’ve seen it. So to use masks and sitting in the stands as a reason for this occurring is just conjecture. 

People get pregnant using condoms or birth control, doesn't mean you don't decrease or increase your risk depending on your behavior.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Butter Parque said:

That’s a side step. The point is people have contracted the Coronavirus while wearing masks religiously, washing hands, etc. I’ve seen it. So to use masks and sitting in the stands as a reason for this occurring is just conjecture. 

You've seen them contract COVID?

1 minute ago, Butter Parque said:

Fourteen players positive seems to indicate too little. If MLB cancelled the season, would we ever know if that was too much?

How would you determine that we did too much? 

14 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Serious reaction: If I'm the Phillies, I'm furious at the Marlins for this. If any Philly gets sick from this, every idiot on the Marlins is liable.

Whimsical reaction: Take Jeter out of the HoF 

4 minutes ago, pcq said:

Everyone has to wear N95 masks or it is over. Teams should be penalized for infections.

Yikes. The (seemingly majority) view that the positive results are completely the players' faults for whatever they do outside of the stadium is pretty rough. You can follow all the protocols 100% perfectly and still get the virus

4 minutes ago, pcq said:

Everyone has to wear N95 masks or it is over. Teams should be penalized for infections.

Put a runner on second each inning not everyone is wearing a mask. 

Can players opt out during the season? Another possible ripple to this issue. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yikes. The (seemingly majority) view that the positive results are completely the players' faults for whatever they do outside of the stadium is pretty rough. You can follow all the protocols 100% perfectly and still get the virus

Right, let's blame the virus not the people. These guys can't wfh.

That said, MLB and Players Union need to evaluate if they truly are doing everything possible to limit this. I was not impressed.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Serious reaction: If I'm the Phillies, I'm furious at the Marlins for this. If any Philly gets sick from this, every idiot on the Marlins is liable.

Whimsical reaction: Take Jeter out of the HoF 

According to Girardi, the Phillies knew. That might be covering his ass however.

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I did not say the players but rules should be enforced. No dessert, no girl on pizzas delivered etc.

43 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think this will all come down to the Phillies test results tonight.

If the Phillies test positive and someone got it from the Marlins, the season is over. If not, they'll tell hte Marlins tough shit, use your taxi squad.

Well the problem with this is that someone might test negative today and still have it, if they got exposed over the weekend. Might take til Wednesday or Friday tests to be positive.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

Right, let's blame the virus not the people. These guys can't wfh.

That said, MLB and Players Union need to evaluate if they truly are doing everything possible to limit this. I was not impressed.

They definitely aren’t. They were acting like it wasn’t there all weekend. White Sox included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1