ReyLo to start Saturday

southsider2k5

I agree. Go the bullpen day with Foster and Detwiler. I think that gives us a great chance to win.Ā 

Starting Lopez is all but giving the game to the Cubs. Seriously, with Lopez going against Hendricks, what do you think the odds are the Sox win this game?Ā  1 in 5?Ā  I think it's closer to 1 in 10? Yes, Lopez might surprise me and us other doubters, but the odds of that seem really low to me.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

This game is important for 2 reasons.

1. If he comes in and is effective - do you go with him or Dunning for rest of season?

2. If he sucks, does he start his bullpen transition?

Not sure what use he'd be in the pen either.Ā  He has no command on any of his pitches.Ā  He's just a gas can at this point that has already been given a long leash.Ā  If he stinks today you start to consider waiving him and possibly getting some cash from a team with an open 40 man spot.

This literally might be his last appearance as a Sox.Ā  I'm rooting for the guy but he comes out at 91 tonight with his usual command it's over.

22 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Seriously, with Lopez going against Hendricks, what do you think the odds are the Sox win this game?Ā  1 in 5?Ā  I think it's closer to 1 in 10? Yes, Lopez might surprise me and us other doubters, but the odds of that seem really low to me.Ā 

You wouldn't last 1 day making lines.Ā 

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Yeahhh I have zero confidence in Lopez.Ā 
Ā 

And the last time I said that we were down 8-0 after 2 innings or whatever it was

That cannot happen today. We need to treat this game like a bullpen day with our best ready to go at a moment's notice. Especially with Monday and Thursday off.Ā 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

That cannot happen today. We need to treat this game like a bullpen day with our best ready to go at a moment's notice. Especially with Monday and Thursday off.Ā 

With Keuchel going 8 plus the 2 upcoming off days there is no way Ricky and Coop don't have him on a very short leash

Just now, elrockinMT said:

Lots of negativity. I am tired of it.

support the team orĀ get out
Ā 

šŸ˜Š

We support the team, that is why people are discouraged with Lopez starting. And he needs pressure turned up on him to get the best out of him. The training wheels are off, LFG!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We support the team, that is why people are discouraged with Lopez starting. And he needs pressure turned up on him to get the best out of him. The training wheels are off, LFG!

Thar is not today's athlete. They want positivity and support and coaches who always prop them up. The days of coaches putting pressure on athletes is over. Players dont like the coaches who yell, scream or are hard on them as a way for motivation.

13 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Thar is not today's athlete. They want positivity and support and coaches who always prop them up. The days of coaches putting pressure on athletes is over. Players dont like the coaches who yell, scream or are hard on them as a way for motivation.

Pressure doesn't have to be yelling and screaming. He needs to know that results are expected from him soon or he could lose his spot. If he wants that money bag, he will comply.Ā 

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Pressure doesn't have to be yelling and screaming. He needs to know that results are expected from him soon or he could lose his spot. If he wants that money bag, he will comply.Ā 

Do you think he is too dumb to see guys like Dunning, Kopech and others, plus the Sox signing two free agent starters in the off season?

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Do you think he is too dumb to see guys like Dunning, Kopech and others, plus the Sox signing two free agent starters in the off season?

Good point. ReyLo worked very hard during the offseason at Kobe's facility and then looked okay in real spring.Ā  He did not look good during ramp up or in his brief appearance. The question with him for me is not so much conditioning, or command as it is tilt on his pitches. When he came up, he had a plus slider. He doesn't really have that anymore and he has a very flat fastball. That's why he gives up so many long homers. He gets very few swings and misses, therefore he has trouble finishing guys off even when he gets ahead. If he can't come up with a way to get more swings and misses, I think he realizes that he'll slide from prospect to hanger on very quickly.

20 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Confidenceļ»æ needs to be built onļ»æļ»æ

This 100%... he looks so timid and scared on the mound. Hesitant. Sheepish.

Kind of reminds me of Contreras in 2004 before he started trusting his fastball and attacking hitters.

• Like 1