Zack Collins to ATS, Madrigal recalled from IL

TomPickle

I'm glad he will be able to get consistent live at-bats now. Sure, we don't have an emergency catcher anymore, but I don't think that matters as much as people seem to think.  You can still DH Grandal every once in a while. If something goes wrong, you lose the DH for that one game, which isn't the end of the world. 

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I'm glad he will be able to get consistent live at-bats now. Sure, we don't have an emergency catcher anymore, but I don't think that matters as much as people seem to think.  You can still DH Grandal every once in a while. If something goes wrong, you lose the DH for that one game, which isn't the end of the world. 

Or just play Grandat 1B when McCann catches so you can switch his position and not lose DH.

4 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Wait, so they left Gonzalez on the majors roster? Even after Dyson? I swear if Eloy hurt himself....

Says they optioned Gonzalez with Collins

White Sox Designate Nicky Delmonico For Assignment - MLB Trade Rumors
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/08/white-sox-dfa-nicky-delmonico-activate-nick-madrigal-injured-list.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Wait, was Delmonico still on the roster? I really can't remember.

Yeah I thought he was in Schaumburg. They just showed him taking ab against one of our top pitching prospects. Fegan or Fox posted it this week.

16 minutes ago, Quin said:

I imagine it's

Collins, Gonzalez, Delmonico ---> Madrigal, Dyson, Yolmer

Goins lives another day.

got ya, thanks

Yolmer and Goins on the roster seems a little redundant. I liked Collins on the roster for the sake of having a 3rd C to get McCann’s bat in the lineup more with Yaz at DH (or vice versa). He’s been heating up a little so guess Ricky is sticking with EE as full time DH.