Offseason Targets

soxfan49

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

This would be absolutely inexcusable. It does against what Merkin and national writers have suggested but if this is the Sox trying to squash those rumors, it’s horrible. Having this old man leave his retirement for a first round exit lol.

I agree, it would be totally unacceptable. Quite frankly, I don’t think the article has any basis behind it because there is nothing new in the article, only that it’s a day old.

Edited by maloney.adam

I think Madrigal’s bat handling skills are so good that shifts and pitcher adjustments aren’t going to matter.

He’ll find holes for a decade and he’ll get better on the other side of the diamond.

Dude is a keeper.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, but you'd think it would in the Majors. I'm not sure the minor leagues use spray charts like MLB teams do. 

Then I'd say this conclusion is mere speculation. And to assume he'll never add power or... get any balls deep into the outfield is a little silly. Weird to me how people consistently don't take into consideration a rookie player's possibility of learning to make adjustments as their career progresses.

1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

He played in a shortened season and missed a handful of games. He has absolutely zero power. It's possible teams adjust to him.

Look, I like Nick as a prospect. I think it's fair for people to criticize him too. Is he going to be good, or is he a modern day Eddie Gaedel?

Come on. The guy was a slam dunk top 5 pick. If the Sox didn't pick him, he would have still been a top pick. If he had been 6 feet tall, he would have gone 1-1. He is not a publicity stunt. 

How about if the Sox trade Madrigal, Stiever, Cease, Adolfo and/or Rutherford for Gallo and Lynn and than sign Wong for 2b and Quintana or Kluber as the 4th starter? What would you guys think about those moves? A rotation of Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, Quintana or Kluber and Kopech/Dunning is stacked.

Edited by maloney.adam

13 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

How about if the Sox trade Madrigal, Stiever, Cease, Adolfo and/or Rutherford for Gallo and Lynn and than sign Wong for 2b and Quintana or Kluber as the 4th starter? Would you guys like that? A rotation of Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, Quintana or Kluber and Kopech/Dunning is stacked.

why do you think MAdrigal needs to be involved in that trade?

thats overkill

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

How about if the Sox trade Madrigal, Stiever, Cease, Adolfo and/or Rutherford for Gallo and Lynn and than sign Wong for 2b and Quintana or Kluber as the 4th starter? What would you guys think about those moves? A rotation of Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, Quintana or Kluber and Kopech/Dunning is stacked.

That would be horrific.  Why are we emptying the farm for two guys under control for one and two years respectively?

20 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

How about if the Sox trade Madrigal, Stiever, Cease, Adolfo and/or Rutherford for Gallo and Lynn and than sign Wong for 2b and Quintana or Kluber as the 4th starter? Would you guys like that? A rotation of Giolito, Keuchel, Lynn, Quintana or Kluber and Kopech/Dunning is stacked.

That’s exactly the kind of deal I hate to see the White Sox doing so they will probably do something like that. Dramatically overpay for guys who are only a couple years from FA, leave themselves dramatically depleted on their depth for the next several years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

He played in a shortened season and missed a handful of games. He has absolutely zero power. It's possible teams adjust to him.

Look, I like Nick as a prospect. I think it's fair for people to criticize him too. Is he going to be good, or is he a modern day Eddie Gaedel?

More like a modern-day Nellie Fox.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, but you'd think it would in the Majors. I'm not sure the minor leagues use spray charts like MLB teams do. 

Teams absolutely were playing in on him in the minors. He broke out when he started taking advantage of that and hitting some doubles past them. Doesn’t have to be over their heads every time if you can use the gaps too.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That would be horrific.  Why are we emptying the farm for two guys under control for one and two years respectively?

I understand that but if they want to win championships they are going to have to make some moves for players that already have experience. You give some value away to gain some value back. I believe addressing their needs in free agency first than making some trades while still growing the farm is a smart way to go. If they want to win, they got to take some risks.

Edited by maloney.adam

The white sox won't and should not trade Nick MAdrigal. We have a ton of other prospects we can trade np and there's no immediate impact SP on the block that makes sense.

Lance Lynn is NOT the guy you trade top prospects for. 

Would have much rather had Clevinger at his price.

Even DeGrom at this point is too old.

Blake Snell? Perhaps, but I think he's a FA in a couple years or something, so that makes no sense either. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Does this guy have any credibility? He seems to comment on the Sox quite a bit.

None at all. He was torn apart at the deadline for jumping in with Cishek. He stopped trying to pretend he has sources and then I guess he’s back to it. He blocked me lol

34 minutes ago, fathom said:

James Fox or bust in terms of Sox twitter. Some of these guys are like 1 for 100 in terms of breaking things.

James Fox is the most reliable. Never throws crap at the wall like Cishek or Schins. Schins is a regular guy and pretends he has info On all of MlB lol. James Fox rarely even breaks news unless he’s 100% certain and when he opined that the Sox would not sign La Russa, he came back afterward and showed that he was as blind sided as all of us. Schins and Cishek just pretend they never said it lol

9 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

The white sox won't and should not trade Nick MAdrigal. We have a ton of other prospects we can trade np and there's no immediate impact SP on the block that makes sense.

Blake Snell? Perhaps, but I think he's a FA in a couple years or something, so that makes no sense either. 

Depends on what you call a prospect. I’d trade a bunch of our minor leaguers for Lynn. Just not the big ones.

19 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Trading Cease, Stiever, Adolfo and Rutherford is not going to net you Lynn and Gallo. If the Sox aren’t willing to part with Madrigal, they would have to include another prospect or two or someone else with value on the MLB roster. 

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

How about the Sox give up multiple young controlled players for non difference makers? How quickly can we unload long term success for the sake of a short term dopium hit? 

37 minutes ago, Orlando said:

James Fox is the most reliable. Never throws crap at the wall like Cishek or Schins. Schins is a regular guy and pretends he has info On all of MlB lol. James Fox rarely even breaks news unless he’s 100% certain and when he opined that the Sox would not sign La Russa, he came back afterward and showed that he was as blind sided as all of us. Schins and Cishek just pretend they never said it lol

Not Steve Cishek is almost certainly a poster here and one who gets information second-hand.

• bmags locked this topic