Sox @ Tigers, 6/13 12:10 ct

9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well if your offense is having a shit day, better it is against Detoilet. The next week we need real lineups and concentration. 

I don’t think the offense has been bad.  Just not lucky.  Engel hit the heck out of the ball, for instance.  That’s baseball.

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Exactly. I’m really looking forward to this week to see how the Sox match up with two other good AL teams.

Are we better than the Ray's if we take 2 out of 3, or do we need to sweep?

1 minute ago, wegner said:

We're better than the Rays anyway.  They always just have enough to win but then when you look at some of the stats you probably wonder why.  We have more All-Star level players than they do.

I'm still worried the most about the Yankees in that division and for me it's not even close.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

It is to any Sox fan who gets overconfident, lol...but probably only appreciated by those over 35 or 40.

I remember 2003 and 2006 quite well.  Those teams failings don’t even enter my mind in relation to this squad.  

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Not really looking at it as “better”, but hopefully the starting pitching continues to put up quality starts, and the Sox play good defense. And obviously, the bullpen doesn’t blow leads. 

Just now, YourWhatHurts said:

We're better than the Rays anyway.  They always just have enough to win but then when you look at some of the stats you probably wonder why.  We have more All-Star level players than they do.

I'm still worried the most about the Yankees in that division and for me it's not even close.

The Yankees are dead in the water without Severino being able to lead a second half charge...too many injuries, too tough a division to get through.  

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

That Blue Jays lineup is stacked....if they can get some more pitching, look out imo.

Just now, Tnetennba said:

I remember 2003 and 2006 quite well.  Those teams failings don’t even enter my mind in relation to this squad.  

As soon as we go from an underdog to favorite mentality (see Goodwin quotes), that’s when the problems usually begin.  See 2021 Sox bullpen, billed as potentially one of the best in baseball history coming into the year.

1 minute ago, flavum said:

Not really looking at it as “better”, but hopefully the starting pitching continues to put up quality starts, and the Sox play good defense. And obviously, the bullpen doesn’t blow leads. 

We will eventually have to add a bp arm or two for the stretch...that should be the priority.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

As soon as we go from an underdog to favorite mentality (see Goodwin quotes), that’s when the problems usually begin.  See 2021 Sox bullpen, billed as potentially one of the best in baseball history coming into the year.

The bullpen who has the fewest walks in ALL of baseball and the 2nd highest K rate in the AL?

Have they struggled at times? Of course, but also has been some incredibly bad luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick_Schwam said:

The bullpen who has the fewest walks in ALL of baseball and the 2nd highest K rate in the AL?

Have they struggled at times? Of course, but also has been some incredibly bad luck.

This is surprising. A lot of our issues in the bullpen are because of walks.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So you are intimating that fan mentality/overconfidence impacts the play on the field?  Is that it?  Cuz I really don’t understand what else you are trying to say here. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic