6/16 Rays @ Sox, 1:10 CT

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's very odd the TLR would choose 2 LH OF's to play against a LHP rather than Engel when you have to add Collins , another LHH because he's Gio's personal catcher.

Engel sitting was recommended by the medical staff. He was advised to not play Engel on a day game after a night game at this point

Just now, fathom said:

Not putting Eaton on the IL has really hurt the lineup. Having to play Lamb and Goodwin against a LHP can’t happen.

Goodwin actually has neutral splits. 

Lamb needs to stop trying to catch every ball in the OF. 

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's cause Engel can't play a day game after a night game according to team doctors. He's still not 100%. I don't think he wants to run Lamb out there in RF against a lefty, he just kind of has to cause that's all we have on the team ATM.

I understand the precaution but he had a rehab assignment where he was tested pretty well. I mean why steal 4 bases on a rehab assignment if you aren't 100 %  along with running to 1st and running around in the OF.

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I understand the precaution but he had a rehab assignment where he was tested pretty well. I mean why steal 4 bases on a rehab assignment if you aren't 100 %  along with running to 1st and running around in the OF.

I’ve been saying for a few weeks now that he still isn’t 100 pct but they’re convinced he won’t re-aggravate it.  The plan was for him to play 4 times a week or so.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Seeing his whiff chart from his last start was eye opening 

His fastball is basically a show me pitch this year. Used to keep hitters honest so they don't just sit change.

Just now, fathom said:

I’ve been saying for a few weeks now that he still isn’t 100 pct but they’re convinced he won’t re-aggravate it.  The plan was for him to play 4 times a week or so.

Ok but if he isn't 100% why do you allow him to steal 4 bases in the minors in the rehab assignment ? Where was the medical guidance there ?