7/21 Gamethread: Cease vs. Pineda, 7:10 PM

KrankinSox

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

He seems to be bad at blocking pitches also, which wouldn’t be helped by robot umps

Well, Lillian likes him since he hits left-handed, so there’s that.

Cease looks pretty much in danger of giving up a 4-5 run inning.  Well, at least the slider’s sorta working now.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I agree with you but I'm wondering if part of that is because he's at least trying to frame pitches?

but that's probably being too generous.

No, he’s too stiff back there.  Same thing every scout that wasn’t a Sox employee said when he was in the minors

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

AV looks like........he has played RF for a couple of years now, amazing how fast he made that transformation.

Stone talking about how well he has acclimated leading to more DH time for Eloy gives me hope the FA feels the same.  

This game could be very telling for Cease (inasmuch as a single game can ever be that telling).

He has definitely shown stretches of good improvement this year, but he still hasn't really shown the ability to find his stuff when it disappears for an inning, or when he doesn't have it from the start. He's lucky to have a shutout right now, but he can't really be trusted as more than a 4 until he can find his way to his B stuff when the A stuff isn't there right away.