5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

You would think if the Sox lose tomorrow there’s got to be some changes coming right? 

I seriously doubt it, now a sweep in New York we might be talking 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

To be fair, he wasn’t awful out there last year.  This season, good lord.

He wasn't bad last year. But the problem is that's why you need a lot of defense at one position before you can say someone is adequate. You can go a long time some times in the OF  without many things that challenge you as a fielder. This years there's been a lot of things that have challenged him.

When you see that lack of speed at a young age it's not like he's going to get any faster as he ages. That was me being fair. It's unfair when people don't realize these things and stick to the fanboyism and cannot be objective. It's real easy now to criticize him but I was on an island last year.

There’s no way they blow the team up during this season, they aren’t trading any of our marquee names they’ll waste more assets trying to patch this season instead of permanent fixes. 

Just now, T R U said:

There’s no way they blow the team up during this season, they aren’t trading any of our marquee names they’ll waste more assets trying to patch this season instead of permanent fixes. 

They don't need one of Giolito/Lynn, the staff is getting along fine.  They NEED a big bat to shake things up, and there are literally no assets left in the farm to get anyone who would make a difference.  Kenny needs to go big to save the season, get Hahn out of the way.

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

They don't need one of Giolito/Lynn, the staff is getting along fine.  They NEED a big bat to shake things up, and there are literally no assets left in the farm to get anyone who would make a difference.  Kenny needs to go big to save the season, get Hahn out of the way.

Name a team that works as a matchup. Needs pitching but has a bat to give up from their solid offense? This seems rare. I can’t think of a midseason example of that since Cespedes for Lester and both teams wound up unhappy after that.

Give an example that makes some sense.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Name a team that works as a matchup. Needs pitching but has a bat to give up from their solid offense? This seems rare. I can’t think of a midseason example of that since Cespedes for Lester and both teams wound up unhappy after that.

I have no clue.  Kenny needs to make some calls..

I'll think about it, theres somebody out there.... Joey Votto is set to return to the Red's lineup on Friday.  They won't want Gio or Lynn though.

45 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If you want to make yourself ill, go look at the MLB GameDay and look at the pitches these morons swing at.  Grandal at his head leury in the dirt. 

It is what it is this the team. 

Maybe TLR should give a take sign once in a while…

Just now, Green Line said:

I have no clue.  Kenny needs to make some calls..

I'll think about it, theres somebody out there.... Joey Votto is set to return to the Red's lineup on Friday.  They won't want Gio or Lynn though.

Exactly, it’s not easy. Plus…the White Sox don’t exactly have room For a 1b/DH unless you think they’ll cut Abreu.

15 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

You would think if the Sox lose tomorrow there’s got to be some changes coming right? 

Maybe to the lineup…because we can’t run anything consistent out there but this owner will not make any changes anytime soon

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Toronto?

23 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Burr is not a MLB caliber pitcher, suitable at best for mop up duty one step ahead of a position player pitching.  He should be sent down tonight to Charlotte on a Greyhound one way  Ticket along with Banks, so TLR cannot bringing them in relief again..

Complaining about the scrubs isn't going to fix anything. The Sox can't hit. Didn't even matter that he gave up a couple of runs. They got more runs with a team full of scrubs in 2018 and 2019 at this point in the season when they were 51 games below .500

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Capn12 unpinned this topic