Offiicial game thread 9/1

Ishmookie

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
Just start hitting.  Thats all that needs to happen.  The pitching and defense will be fine.  They just need to hit and score runs.  It takes pressure off of a pitching staff that has earned us this record.  Line drives and singles, stringing hits together, getting on base.  These things will help prepare us for the playoffs.

NOW LETS GET BACK TO THE RALLY CRY..

EAT s*** TIGGGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

f***in' eh, I love your posts. After every loss you're at the ledge ready to jump but come game time you're back, baby! :cheers

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
Ozzie busting out the real lineup.

Pods, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... Rowand, CF ... Dye, RF ... AJ, C ... Uribe, SS ... Ozuna, 3B ... Contreras, RHP.

Offensively, with this group, this is the best lineup ozzie's made all year imo.

If Ozuna can continue to play solid 3b defense, that would be a huge boost to this team. He's one of those players that makes things happen when he's at bat. We need to do more hit-and-runs with him at the plate, as he's very good at hitting the ball on the ground.

this is a great way to start off september

a) a team we can beat, even sweep, without working too hard

b ) a f***ing sweet lineup

c) our hottest pitcher going for us tonight

LETS GO HUNTING AND KILL US SOME TIGER

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
this is a great way to start off september

a) a team we can beat, even sweep, without working too hard

How many times have we heard this recently? I'm not saying you're wrong Reddy, but it seems like a lot of people just want to clinch this division during one weekend.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
I'd like to see the sox go back to that early summer philosophy where all we heard was that they're only focused on the game today.

Stop thinking about the playoffs.

Stop thinking about August.

Don't think about winning this series against Detroit.

Just win today.  :gosox3:

One Game and One Win at a time!

:gosox1:

Lineup looks great!

:headbang

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
f***in' eh, I love your posts. After every loss you're at the ledge ready to jump but come game time you're back, baby!  :cheers

I am not up and down on the bandwagon. I have been extremely consistant all year long. I think our approach at the plate is terrible and have been on that all year long. If they dont change it, they will have a hard time winning. But win or lose I root for them. But when they do stupid s*** like swing for the fences or we put in silly lineups I guess I am not the guy to go RAH RAH RAH we just got 3 hit by crap. This team should be able to hit.

:gosox3:

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
I am not up and down on the bandwagon.  I have been extremely consistant all year long. I think our approach at the plate is terrible and have been on that all year long.  If they dont change it, they will have a hard time winning.  But win or lose I root for them.  But when they do stupid s*** like swing for the fences or we put in silly lineups I guess I am not the guy to go RAH RAH RAH we just got 3 hit by crap.  This team should be able to hit. 

:gosox3:

I'm with you. Like I said, :cheers

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
How many times have we heard this recently?  I'm not saying you're wrong Reddy, but it seems like a lot of people just want to clinch this division during one weekend.

im not talking about clinching, i'm talking about momentum. momentum is what we need to start going in the right direction and i was saying that detroit's a great team to start with. i'm not talkin clinch - just to clear things up

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
Ozzie busting out the real lineup.

Pods, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... Rowand, CF ... Dye, RF ... AJ, C ... Uribe, SS ... Ozuna, 3B ... Contreras, RHP.

:headbang nice pic too...go orton!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
Oh boy, that's not good that Iguchi is out.  We suffer such an offensive downgrade with Harris in the lineup.  If we knew that Iguchi was having injury problems, and didn't try to upgrade at 2nd base over Willie, then that's a big blunder by KW.

Willie's 0-13 against Johnson. :sleep

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
they said gooch was having trouble seeing out of his right eye? :huh

Well that's not good. Considering that there's likely nothing accute that caused that, it could be either a real quick recovery, or something that can linger on for a while.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
Willie's 0-13 against Johnson.  :sleep

I'd rather have Blum at 2nd base than Willie. Another lineup tonight where we have 3 players with ZERO homers in the same lineup. I guarantee that not many AL teams in the last few years can say the same thing this late in the season.

Japanese reporters had noted that Iguchi was dealing with a slight vision problem over the weekend in which he had trouble focusing out of his right eye. The problem was not considered serious and has not been an issue the last two days.

:unsure:

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
I'd rather have Blum at 2nd base than Willie.  Another lineup tonight where we have 3 players with ZERO homers in the same lineup.  I guarantee that not many AL teams in the last few years can say the same thing this late in the season.

no s***.

at least Shelton's not in the lineup tonight. He kills us.