Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
This is a sad day for Kansas, Quin was so much fun to watch. I believe bruce pearl will take the iu or mu jobs.

There is zero chance Pearl leaves the Vols. He's in a great situation, recruiting well, in a s*** basketball league, a huge arena, growing fan support.....he's not going anywhere.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
This is a sad day for Kansas, Quin was so much fun to watch. I believe bruce pearl will take the iu or mu jobs.

LOL, what fantasy world are you in? Bruce Pearl just got his dream job, his team is stacked and ranked. Mizzou is still reeling from scandal, and was recently(if not still) on probation because the coaches were giving kids money, they havent been to the tournament in a few years. There is no reason for Pearl to jump from his cruiseliner to a sinking ship.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 08:16 AM)
LOL, what fantasy world are you in?  Bruce Pearl just got his dream job, his team is stacked and ranked.  Mizzou is still reeling from scandal, and was recently(if not still) on probation because the coaches were giving kids money, they havent been to the tournament in a few years.  There is no reason for Pearl to jump from his cruiseliner to a sinking ship.

I honestly don't think Pearl found his dream job, he is a midwestern boy.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 11:02 AM)
Haha apparently Davis isn't coaching today because of "the flu".  Yeah right, you've seen him coach his last game at Indiana, the settlement just couldn't get finished in time apparently, talk about a poorly handeled situation.

What a joke by Indiana..haha

What's next, the dog at the coach's glasses.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 11:28 AM)
I honestly don't think Pearl found his dream job, he is a midwestern boy.

Give me one good reason why Pearl would leave Tennessee for the mess that has become Mizzou basketball.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
Man, just sitting here watching Indiana, can't help but feel like this team is on the verge of just giving up on the whole bloody season.  They really need a spark somewhere.

They really don't look like the same team from earlier this year. No intensity at all on defense, no ball movement on offense, and Killingsworth isn't playing with any life.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
They really don't look like the same team from earlier this year.  No intensity at all on defense, no ball movement on offense, and Killingsworth isn't playing with any life.

Killingsworth is tired as all hell it looks like. Half assing it trying to get post position and when he does get the ball, he makes a move and leaves the shot short. Indiana is in big trouble.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
Explain

Well from what I have gathered over years of watching basketball, you have a better chance to score the basketball when do not give it to the other team.*

*Note: This may not apply to a Indiana team shooting under 38%

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
I've heard that the Davis resignation is a done deal from a source.

Should happen tomorrow.

We'll see if it does indeed.

IU has gone from the top 10 to the NIT.

That just blows my mind.

Well, that would explain his "Flu" today. I just hope they don't just automatically name one of his assistant coaches as his replacement.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Well, that would explain his "Flu" today.  I just hope they don't just automatically name one of his assistant coaches as his replacement.

Best name I've heard.

Jay Wright.

Hopefully for IU fans, that will happen after this year.

I'm sure they'll name an interim coach and then clean house after the year.

Worst thing for them will be DJ White transferring, Vaden possibly as well.

But it won't take long to turn things around there, even if those guys do leave.