Black Spiderman costume

Steff

Topher Gracie is going to be playing Venom. I'm not 100% sure if in 3 he'll be full blown Venom or they'll lay the groundwork for the story for a future movie.

Listen, I love That 70's Show, but Topher Gracie does not spring Venom into my mind, i'm worried it will be a lot of CGI to enhance the costume, I would prefer them getting a bigger actor and have it more natural looking.

I was also hoping they would go with the Venom storyline where Peter Parker finds the Venom suit in space, but I think that was a cross over series and would of been hard to pull of regarding rights etc...

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
here's that synopsis. make sure you have your popup blocker on. if true, these are major *SPOILERS*...

Good news if true. I always thought/heard this was the final Spiderman. I just hope they keep the same cast for a possible 4th. This is my favorite of the comic book to movie series.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
I don't think it is a black Spidey outfit, unless there is something in the storyline that says so. I just think the picture is dark and gray. Maybe setting the mood for 3. I like it though.

Did you read at the link Brian...?

From the official site..

"You may think you’re looking at a black and white photo. Look closely, Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3. Tobey Maguire returns as Peter Parker / Spider-Man in Spider-Man 3. In Theaters 5/4/07"

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
Listen, I love That 70's Show, but Topher Gracie does not spring Venom into my mind, i'm worried it will be a lot of CGI to enhance the costume, I would prefer them getting a bigger actor and have it more natural looking.

Yep, he doesn't have the right build and there's no way he can bulk up enough. Ruins it for me a little too...

Plus, Topher has stepped out of the "limelight" and nobody has seen him for awhile. Why? Because he has been in the gym supposedly. Topher is an amazing actor, and I fully expect him to pull it off. Raimi has yet to make a mistake (other that the first Goblin suit, IMO), and I really don't expect him to start goofing this up now.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
Topher Gracie is going to be playing Venom.  I'm not 100% sure if in 3 he'll be full blown Venom or they'll lay the groundwork for the story for a future movie. 

I was also hoping they would go with the Venom storyline where Peter Parker finds the Venom suit in space, but I think that was a cross over series and would of been hard to pull of regarding rights etc...

You have to remember what Venom looks like in the comic book though, his character hulks out, there really is no way you could have a bigger actor and have it look more natural looking. The Venom suit/parasite is a living being, so there is so many things that have to be done with the suit(with it being a moving amoeba like thing all over his body), I really dont see any way around CGI when regarding Venom(and hopefully Karnage in the future!).

That being said, I was really surprised when they picked Topher Grace myself, but you have to think that the groundwork for Venom is being laid out in this movie, and we will probably see more of him in the future.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
Did you read at the link Brian...?

From the official site..

"You may think you’re looking at a black and white photo. Look closely, Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3. Tobey Maguire returns as Peter Parker / Spider-Man in Spider-Man 3. In Theaters 5/4/07"

I never read fine print. That is why I'm in so much trouble all the time.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
I loved the Spidey comics and cartoon as a kid, but for whatever reason I've never had an interest in watching the films.

Maybe I'll cave in and rent the first one sometime soon.

kirsten dunst is reason alone to watch it