White Sox close to acquiring Soriano

Brian

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Ever see Manny Ramirez?

To quote Paul DePodesta:

"The variance between the best and worst fielders on the outcome of a game is a lot smaller than the variance between the best hitters and worst hitters."

I'm in the middle of an Albert Belle-esque study on how many more runs Alfonso Soriano brings to the team with his bat than grants the opposition with his glove.

Methinks he is far more valuable in terms of runs scored than his defense would ever hint at.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish

this new feature to soxtalk is quite intresting and entertaining.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish i like to fish i like to fish i love to fish

this new feature to soxtalk is quite intresting and entertaining.

That's what I'm saying.

Horse whoo whoo sucker.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
To quote Paul DePodesta:

"The variance between the best and worst fielders on the outcome of a game is a lot smaller than the variance between the best hitters and worst hitters."

I'm in the middle of an Albert Belle-esque study on how many more runs Alfonso Soriano brings to the team with his bat than grants the opposition with his glove.

Methinks he is far more valuable in terms of runs scored than his defense would ever hint at.

depo is right....especially for a leftfielder

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
yes, but for WHO, thats what i cant figure out.

The Angels guys on ESPN radio out here are already crying in their beer.

I'd like to see a Soriano package bring us Figgins and Shields. That would be epic. But not likely after this MacDougal deal.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
i'm gonna go play some MVP and i hope that when i come back to my comp. that we got him and didn't lose Brandon.

^^^

I'm going to be pissed if B-Mac is dealt.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
seattle, eh?

is that kid untouchable? Is that RF untouchable? Are we getting a whole lot less for him than what is swirling in my head.

*Head explodes*

yeah i cant understand who we would get from seattle....it really doesnt make a whole lot of sense....giving up brandon just to block the tigers is way too much to give up...

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
^^^

I'm going to be pissed if B-Mac is dealt.

That and if Kenny finally took a giant leap away from his quick senses.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
do you think NL only or only out of the AL central?

I'll go out on a limb and say an AL team. My reasoning is that it might be for a pitcher, and no AL team wants NL pitching. Soriano and Garcia/Vazquez for Zito? Iffy move for next year, but as long as we are speculating...

QUOTE(Drew @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 04:17 PM)
The Angels guys on ESPN radio out here are already crying in their beer.

I'd like to see a Soriano package bring us Figgins and Shields. That would be epic. But not likely after this MacDougal deal.

If that happened the deal would ultimately look like this

Soriano, BMac, and prolly 2 solid spects for Figgins and Shields

Of course, im just guessing what we would give up for Soriano but I would be pretty upset if we give the goods to get Soriano and then flip him for just that