Leading off for the 2007 white sox will be....

max power

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
Podsednik or Pierre. I think I'm going to say Podsednik though.

Don't listen to what you read in the press....there's a zero percent chance that Podsednik is brought back.

My answer to this question would be either Juan Pierre or C. Crisp.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
Don't listen to what you read in the press....there's a zero percent chance that Podsednik is brought back.

My answer to this question would be either Juan Pierre or C. Crisp.

Okay, who does Boston have to replace Crisp in CF? No one. They're in the same position as us. Prospects mean nothing, they're trying to win now because that's the window.

Juan Pierre may be here, but my money is that he'll be in CF because that's where Ozzie would use him. Podsednik will probably be back with this team IMO.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
Okay, who does Boston have to replace Crisp in CF? No one. They're in the same position as us. Prospects mean nothing, they're trying to win now because that's the window.

Juan Pierre may be here, but my money is that he'll be in CF because that's where Ozzie would use him. Podsednik will probably be back with this team IMO.

Are you suggesting that Boston won't trade Crisp? There were practically trying to give him away at the trade deadline. There was a rumored deal of Crisp for Garcia(before his good month) and the Sox turned it down. Crisp is not a popular figure in Boston, and will almost certainly be available this offseason. A more pressing need for Boston is SP, so I think a Garcia(+cash) for Crisp and a decent pitching prospect would be fair and help both teams next year. I am a big fan of getting Crisp. If nothing else, he would bring an instant upgrade from a defensive and power standpoint compared to Pods, and if he can get back to his previous two seasons stats, a very solid leadoff hitter. I actually think that Crisp is one of the more realistic options being mentioned.

QUOTE(whitesox61382 @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
Are you suggesting that Boston won't trade Crisp? There were practically trying to give him away at the trade deadline. There was a rumored deal of Crisp for Garcia(before his good month) and the Sox turned it down.

Actually it was Buehrle for Crisp