Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Nunnigan @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
I would say THIS is one instance where a video game has gone to far

No doubt this game is going to sell well, so I'm surprised and kinda disappointed that this is going to be in the game. I'm still going to get the game though..

***Mods, I understand if this message is deleted or moved if this subject is filibuster material

How could you possibly be disappointed that this is in the game?

Aside from the fact that the bad guys in the game are terrorists, its a flippin video game.

Ever play Grand Theft Auto? Hell, the TITLE of the game alone is enough right there. How about any racing game that has other cars on the road that can be slammed into and wrecked, what about those poor people?

In Fallout 3 you can kill ANYONE. Kids, women, old people. Same with Fable. There are plenty of games where civilians can be killed. The main thing here is its a fake video game. I don't see a problem. People are acting like there is a mission where you fly a plane into a building, come on.

The game hasn't gone far at all, its a game about terrorism and that particular mission is suppose to enhance the superb storyline that this game has. Thats it.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
I finished Uncharted 2 a few days ago, I'm shocked the game has as much replay value as it does, it's a ton of fun the second time around.

Uncharted 2 is awesome. The single player and multiplayer are pretty rich. So far on my 2nd month of being on the PS3 I have been pretty happy with the game play. I finished Infamous a few weeks ago. That was an awesome game.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 11:58 PM)
How could you possibly be disappointed that this is in the game?

Aside from the fact that the bad guys in the game are terrorists, its a flippin video game.

Ever play Grand Theft Auto? Hell, the TITLE of the game alone is enough right there. How about any racing game that has other cars on the road that can be slammed into and wrecked, what about those poor people?

In Fallout 3 you can kill ANYONE. Kids, women, old people. Same with Fable. There are plenty of games where civilians can be killed. The main thing here is its a fake video game. I don't see a problem. People are acting like there is a mission where you fly a plane into a building, come on.

The game hasn't gone far at all, its a game about terrorism and that particular mission is suppose to enhance the superb storyline that this game has. Thats it.

I agree with your point but you can't kill kids in Fable or Fallout. You can kill anyone else however, and in Fallout you can

nuke an entire town.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 12:27 AM)
I agree with your point but you can't kill kids in Fable or Fallout. You can kill anyone else however, and in Fallout you can

nuke an entire town.

Wrong, you can waste all of those kids at that town that is run by all kids.

Either way, I didn't mean kill kids in fable, I just meant that you could kill civilians.. If you did bad things in fable, you became a bad person that was a thing IN the game. So stealing from and killing innocent people was somewhat promoted and I know thats the way I went with it.

Either way, I doubt youre killing kids in MW2 and were on the same page here anyways. And anyway you wanna look at it, the terrorists get killed and good wins in the end anyways.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 02:55 AM)

Either way, I didn't mean kill kids in fable, I just meant that you could kill civilians.. If you did bad things in fable, you became a bad person that was a thing IN the game. So stealing from and killing innocent people was somewhat promoted and I know thats the way I went with it.

Either way, I doubt youre killing kids in MW2 and were on the same page here anyways. And anyway you wanna look at it, the terrorists get killed and good wins in the end anyways.

Do you have a mod, because you aren't supposed to be able to directly kill any kids in Fallout 3 (though I've read you could actually kill kids in the previous Fallout games).

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 02:55 AM)

In Infamous/Prototype you can power up by killing people sometimes innocents walking around. In Infamous there is a karma meter that you can either choose to become a hero or a villain. Its part of the game. In the end, all people are doing are using a set of pixels to erase another set of pixels from your screen. Its not reality. These games are not meant for children anyway. So as an adult I can choose or not to play the game. If kids are playing the game, then that is on their parents.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 01:55 AM)
man I LOVE bloons

I would like to take this time to call you a f*** face. You got me straight addicted to bloons the past two days, i even had a dream that i was popping damn balloons. I wish i never came across that post of yours, damn you.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 08:46 AM)
What incentive do they have to not do stuff like that if everyone buys the game anyway?

Just because someone is dissappointed in a product doesnt mean they'll boycott that said product. Take this seasons Sox team. In my eyes, they were a dissapointment, but that doesnt mean I wont buy tickets next season. Plus I would say a vast majority people, including myself, are going to buy the game regardless of what's in the single player game.

But dont get me wrong guys, I enjoy those types of games, but personally they are taking it a bit too far. The difference between the games mentioned (GTA, Fallout, Infamous) and this COD level is the choice in your actions. Sure you can "kill" some random person whose walking down the street, but its your decision to do so or not. Its the same with Fallout and Infamous, you can choose to play as a good or bad character. The COD level, on the other hand, your being placed into a situation where you're encouraged to kill innocents to advance.

I dont find playing as a terrorist shooting up a airport particularly intriguing. I guess we'll see how it plays out if we're given context into our actions the character is suppose to carry out.

QUOTE (Nunnigan @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
I dont find playing as a terrorist shooting up a airport particularly intriguing. I guess we'll see how it plays out if we're given context into our actions the character is suppose to carry out.

Well for one, you don't have to shoot anybody. You can just advance through the level. No one is going to make you shoot anyone.

Secondly, all we have seen is part of this mission. We have no idea what happened before it, we have no idea what happens after it. We don't know reasons for it etc. Most people should reserve judgment until they actually play the game.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 09:54 AM)
I would like to take this time to call you a f*** face. You got me straight addicted to bloons the past two days, i even had a dream that i was popping damn balloons. I wish i never came across that post of yours, damn you.

Haha, you should play the other ones too. This new one was pretty easy, but the older ones were more challenging yet didn't have as much stuff.. Ive spent many hours just sittin here playin bloons..