Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
What did you guys think of "House of 1000 Corpses" and "The Devils Rejects"? I caught both yesterday ON DEMAND. I enjoyed "1000" much better, as I liked the more campy style to it, but both were entertaining.

I read a rumor that Rob Zombie might be doing a new Conan movie. (The Barbarian, not the red haried giant comedian)

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
What did you guys think of "House of 1000 Corpses" and "The Devils Rejects"? I caught both yesterday ON DEMAND. I enjoyed "1000" much better, as I liked the more campy style to it, but both were entertaining.

I never saw House of 1,000 Corpses, but heard nothing but bad things. I really liked The Devil's Rejects, though. I'm still not exactly sure why. The soundtrack was probably the best I've ever heard before, too.

"College" was far from a good movie.

I just watched this online and it was brutal. I laughed as many times as the guy holding the camera, and it was the one time when McLovin' Jr. threw a cup and yelled at a truck in the middle of the road.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
I just watched this online and it was brutal. I laughed as many times as the guy holding the camera, and it was the one time when McLovin' Jr. threw a cup and yelled at a truck in the middle of the road.

Yeah, I think that was the only time I laughed as well...i'm just glad it was free and I didn't actually pay to see it.

What movie would you like to see made; whether it be a book, comic, graphic novel, sequel to a movie, television show, or cartoon, and why would you like to see it made? Dont worry about time or money constraints in your response.

I would like to see Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series made into set of movies. Mind you, this would be a really hard set of movies to make given the material, but if made right it could be epic. The books were amazing, the time travel, conflict of different parallel universes, the tie-in to all of King's books and his life could really be a great set of movies

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
What movie would you like to see made; whether it be a book, comic, graphic novel, sequel to a movie, television show, or cartoon, and why would you like to see it made? Dont worry about time or money constraints in your response.

I would like to see Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series made into set of movies. Mind you, this would be a really hard set of movies to make given the material, but if made right it could be epic. The books were amazing, the time travel, conflict of different parallel universes, the tie-in to all of King's books and his life could really be a great set of movies

I think the Talisman could be really cool if the right people got their hands on it.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)

Great idea. I'm glad I thought of it first. :D

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61059

It's also interesting how I brought up the idea of another horror related series on HBO and, as of this month, that's exactly what they've done with True Blood. I'm on top of everything!

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)

I keep hearing Terry Gilliam is still trying to get Good Omens made. On/off/on-again projects usually have glaring problems when they are finally released, but I think this brilliant Gaiman/Pratchett book would be an excellent vehicle for Gilliam, and pretty perfectly matched to his style. Give up no Don Quixote already and finish this film, Terry!!

Watched "Science of Sleep" yesterday on demand,really captured the randomness of dreams.In some way it kinda reminded me of Fear and Loathing just without the drugs,if that makes sense.Also there were some attractive ugly girls in it too(what can I say the movie didnt make sense hence post will make no sense).

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
Watched "Science of Sleep" yesterday on demand,really captured the randomness of dreams.In some way it kinda reminded me of Fear and Loathing just without the drugs,if that makes sense.Also there were some attractive ugly girls in it too(what can I say the movie didnt make sense hence post will make no sense).

I think i caught part of that the other day, Gael Garcia Bernal is in it right? An artist who doesnt know the difference between his dreams and reality?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
I think i caught part of that the other day, Gael Garcia Bernal is in it right? An artist who doesnt know the difference between his dreams and reality?

Yeah thats it.He doesnt know what is dream and reality and you never know either(which really leaves you with no satisfaction in the end).