D-Backs Cubs Series thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
i remember someone on the score picking the Cubs and explaining that the offense will overwhelm the young D-backs staff.

5 runs later....

LOL! I heard one of the Score's resident [/color]geniuses talk about how the only team that could afford to lose game one lost it so it's no big deal. :lolhitting

I have a world series chicago whitesox bat sitting in my basement mounted in its glass case on the wall. I now can salute my cub fan breather en as they can now purchase a limited edition NL Central Division bat. I didnt even know they sold a welcome to the playoffs version. Woo Hoo, you made the playoffs. Celebrate the sweep. Celebrate futility, 1908 LOL

560.jpeg

But I had fun at Wrigley. LOL LOL

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 01:20 AM)
Every time I see pictures like these, all I can think is that some Cub fans want the team to keep losing so that they can continue to pose for more pity shots.

If the Cubs actually won they wouldn't know what to do with themselves, since they are not actually fans of baseball but of the whole Cubs story.

You can not tell me that this was candid:

33051595.jpg

Oh let me look like I am weeping over my Cubbies and you will conveniently be able to see the logo I sprayed on the top of my head...

Whaaaaaaaa!

317bf55bc7109684b4efdffbf0e669a7.jpg

Edited by Linnwood

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2007 -> 10:52 AM)
Hahaha. Cubs fans are accusing Webb of having grease on his hat. No matter that he was wiping his sweat on the brim of his cap, he OBVIOUSLY was cheating. Also they are accusing the Dbacks ground crew of softening up the dirt in front of the plate to help his ground balls.

Cub fans never cease to amaze me. They always find a way to come up with an excuse for losing. The Chicago Cubs, the symbol of baseball ineptness for 100 years!!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
I have a world series chicago whitesox bat sitting in my basement mounted in its glass case on the wall. I now can salute my cub fan breather en as they can now purchase a limited edition NL Central Division bat. I didnt even know they sold a welcome to the playoffs version. Woo Hoo, you made the playoffs. Celebrate the sweep. Celebrate futility, 1908 LOL

560.jpeg

But I had fun at Wrigley. LOL LOL

You act as if you're a fan of the Yankees or something.

--

I just hope that this teaches Sox fans to kill themselves AFTER the Cubs win a playoff game, not before they get swept. "Best team in the NL!!!!"

Right.

Starting pitcher Livan Hernandez had walked three to load the bases, and then got out of the jam.

"I got more pressure when I live in Cuba and I get up in the morning looking for something [to eat],'' Hernandez said.

No mistaking this sound

Postseason failure leads to loud chorus of boos through Wrigley

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
Congrats, BHAM. You've got a heck of a team over there in 'zona.

Thanks,

Now we have one hell of a challenge with Colorado.

A lot of people underestimate how good this Rockie team is.