5/4 CHW @ KC, 7:10 CT, CSN

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
Getz 2b

Nix 3b

Quentin lf

Thome DH

Konerko 1b

Pierzynski c

Ramirez ss

Podsednik rf

Lillibridge cf

Haha, Lillibridge has a f***ing lucky charm up his ass so far this season to keep getting into the lineup. With all the minor injuries, this is the worst lineup in the American League by far.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
Getz 2b 1-4

Nix 3b 0-3 HBP

Quentin lf 1-3 HR HBP

Thome DH 0-2 2BB

Konerko 1b 0-4

Pierzynski c 1-4 2B

Ramirez ss 1-4

Podsednik rf 0-3 BB

Lillibridge cf 0-3

Prediction for their performance tonight. I forsee a 6-1 KC win with Sox getting 4 hits, 1 run. CQ hits a solo homer in the first inning.

You want a good game plan for tonight? Have Colon drill a Royals hitter up and in during the first inning. With the bad blood from the first series, as well as last year, that could be effective in getting Greinke away from the inner half.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
You want a good game plan for tonight? Have Colon drill a Royals hitter up and in during the first inning. With the bad blood from the first series, as well as last year, that could be effective in getting Greinke away from the inner half.

You sneaky SOB. I love it!!!

i still don't get why pods doesn't go back to LF, and Q to RF, both positions each has played before. Can't wait to see that cannon in RF tonight. If i were the royals i would try to turn every hit into RF into a double, until he throws someone out.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)

don't you get the sense some payback is coming? Didn't hawk say something about seeing them again in a few weeks?

I know Greinke likes to throw at the Sox - he did it last year. With the way Q's frustration has been building like Mt. St. Helens, he'd better not be the target or we could be looking at involuntary manslaughter.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 4, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)
don't you get the sense some payback is coming? Didn't hawk say something about seeing them again in a few weeks?

No, I don't get that sense, as Ozzie has been a pansy about retaliation so far this year. I'm not one for managers having to try to provide a physical spark to a team, but Ozzie's been way too calm this year with retaliation as well as arguing with the umpire.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 4, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
i still don't get why pods doesn't go back to LF, and Q to RF, both positions each has played before. Can't wait to see that cannon in RF tonight. If i were the royals i would try to turn every hit into RF into a double, until he throws someone out.

Cause as much as I hate the fact we're not changing it up for these few games, you'd rather just keep Quentin in LF and Alexei at SS with Dye's injury being a known factor. If Dye was out for a month, then you probably would see this change.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
Haha, Lillibridge has a f***ing lucky charm up his ass so far this season to keep getting into the lineup. With all the minor injuries, this is the worst lineup in the American League by far.

In all fairness though, Lillibridge did have a good game yesterday. However, I agree with you.

Also, why don't we put Nix in RF and have one of Pods or Lilli in CF, with Betemit at 3B. Nix has almost as much experience at 3B than he does in the OF, so why the hell not. With Grienke on the mound, we need as much O as possible.

I spoke of the Sox game plan, so how about the Royals game plan. What if Hillman decides to pull Greinke after one pitch, and bring in HoRam? Ozzie would immediately have to put Betemit in the game for Getz, and then the Sox would have no position players left on the bench that don't have hand injuries besides Corky.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:14 PM)
No, I don't get that sense, as Ozzie has been a pansy about retaliation so far this year. I'm not one for managers having to try to provide a physical spark to a team, but Ozzie's been way too calm this year with retaliation as well as arguing with the umpire.

Ozzie always was one to talk about retaliation. He would talk too much but rarely ever would the Sox retaliate effectively. All his talking did was made the umpires and the league watch the Sox more closely.

He should just keep his mouth shut about it. And I wouldn't think it was a bad idea if Colon drilled the first Royal he faced tonight, "accidently" of course. Then let Grienke be the "bad guy" if he retaliates. Ozzie has to learn how to handle these things. You would think he would know better by now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)

This will be his 10th start out of 25 team games. I knew this would happen, this team was bound to be banged up from the get go. I actually think I said he'd start in about 40% of the team's games for the first month and what do you know.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 4, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
In all fairness though, Lillibridge did have a good game yesterday. However, I agree with you.

Also, why don't we put Nix in RF and have one of Pods or Lilli in CF, with Betemit at 3B. Nix has almost as much experience at 3B than he does in the OF, so why the hell not. With Grienke on the mound, we need as much O as possible.

He committed an error in center and some how got away with 2 atrocious base running blunders, he looked confused out there like he didn't belong even DJ started giving it to him. A couple singles doesn't make up for playing incredibly stupid baseball.

Oh and you don't put a middle infielder in a corner outfield spot, there's a rather large difference between moving from 2B to 3B and 2B to RF. It's an entirely different position.

I like basball a lot. I hope that playing the Royals after the bad blood earlier lights a fire under the tails of the Sox. I saw the last two games of the Sox-Rangers on TV and was very disappointed

Edited by elrockinMT

If Colon plunks somebody in the first inning, here is what will happen.

a.) the Royals will score about 6 runs after he gives them the gift runner.

b.) Zack will retaliate and there will be an incredible brawl. A couple guys will get suspended. My guesses are the Royals' Billy Butler will be suspended a game as well as Olivo. On the Sox side, Fields will be suspended as well as AJP. I predict some punches will connect this time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
If Colon plunks somebody in the first inning, here is what will happen.

a.) the Royals will score about 6 runs after he gives them the gift runner.

b.) Zack will retaliate and there will be an incredible brawl. A couple guys will get suspended. My guesses are the Royals' Billy Butler will be suspended a game as well as Olivo. On the Sox side, Fields will be suspended as well as AJP. I predict some punches will connect this time.

Then it must be done in the second.