I can't believe I missed that!

Middle Buffalo

This will probably be the game of the spring.

I was watching the Super Bowl where Janet Jackson's plastic parts were exposed. I was even sitting in front of the tv when it happened. One of my kids started a commotion behind me, and I momentarily turned my head to see what was going on, and I missed it. Immediately, my wife said, did you see that? She just showed her boob!

Ever miss the thing that everyone was talking about for days/months/years?

I missed Janet Jacksons boob too. And I was watching it with a buddy, and just happened to look at him to say "this halftime show kinda sucks" and his eyes bugged out of his head and he said "I think I just saw Janet Jacksons boob!"

It wasn't me, it was a friend, but it's a boob story so I will post it.

My 2 friends and I were at a WCW event years ago at the United Center and a women was yelling about flashing her boobs for about five minutes between the undercard and the live show, both me and my friends were looking right at her the whole time, she flashed, and right after my friends said "I missed it." I have zero idea how he missed it, but it lives in the lore of inside jokes over 10 years later.

Until this year, the big one was a Ray Durham lead-off homerun Opening Day 2001. I was stuck in a men's room line

Now, unfortunately, I can top that. In July I was visiting DC with my family, and having a great day seeing the sights, and meanwhile not a single family member called to tell me to run and find a sports bar or I'd miss MB's perfect game!

Which I did.

:crying

MB's perfect game. Studying for the Bar exam. I just remember getting what I thought was a REALLY random text from a friend in California (who should not have been able to see the game) about Dwayne Wise. It was so strange that I didn't think anything of it for almost an hour when I took a study break.

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
MB's perfect game. Studying for the Bar exam. I just remember getting what I thought was a REALLY random text from a friend in California (who should not have been able to see the game) about Dwayne Wise. It was so strange that I didn't think anything of it for almost an hour when I took a study break.

This. My friend had tickets, but I had work that day so I had to pass. I caught the 9th inning on the radio by chance (went to the car on a break). Got let go from the job two weeks later due to staff reduction.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
This. My friend had tickets, but I had work that day so I had to pass. I caught the 9th inning on the radio by chance (went to the car on a break). Got let go from the job two weeks later due to staff reduction.

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE A DAY GAME?! So many people at work and all.

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
I missed Devin Hester's kickoff TD return in the SuperBowl a few years ago. Walked in to hear cheering and say the replay. Probably the only good play for the Bears that day.....

Jones's 52 yard run and Grossman's TD pass.

I missed the entire 2005 World Series except for slow ass score updates on the phone (I did kind of look in disbelief when I saw "P. Konerko homers" and showing the 3 runners that scored, I thought, was that really a grand slam?). Thank you United States Army for sending me to a s***ty mandatory course. Thank God for DVD.

Edited by lostfan

I missed the Bills-Oilers playoff game where Frank Reich rallied the Bills from a 32 point deficit to beat the Oilers. My brother was a newlywed, and his wife and he invited our family over to their apartment for dinner. I soon found out that his wife comes from a family that doesn't believe in watching tv when guests are over. So, I missed the greatest comeback in NFL history - a game that I surely would have watched.

Now, the game was memorable, and it's a shame that I missed it. But it did provide the opportunity for me to see the look of disgust and bewilderment on my Dad's face when my brother was explaining why we wouldn't be watching an NFL playoff game. I still laugh about that with my other brother.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

I missed the events of 9/11. I was in high school at the time, and the only mention of it was during home room when the principal said a prayer for those who died in New York. No one had any clue what had happened at that moment.

I also missed the entire run of Arrested Development while it aired on Fox.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)

That sucks balls.

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)

I'm also in this boat but I don't even have a legit excuse. I just didn't feel like getting out of bed.

I also fell asleep half way into game 3 of the '05 WS.

Edited by MHizzle85