2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

I think whoever said they think Travis' mentor is not real is completely right. I made sure to pay attention to it tonight, and it was most obvious in the scene where they went out to get coffee. The waitress never once looked at him, and there was only 1 table setting there. And then in the scene where the girl is tied up in the house, she freaks out once Travis comes in, and she again never looks at the other guy, even when he touches her hair (which I noticed he touched the back of her head where the camera blocked any actual movement of her hair).

I think that's a great prediction.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
I think whoever said they think Travis' mentor is not real is completely right. I made sure to pay attention to it tonight, and it was most obvious in the scene where they went out to get coffee. The waitress never once looked at him, and there was only 1 table setting there. And then in the scene where the girl is tied up in the house, she freaks out once Travis comes in, and she again never looks at the other guy, even when he touches her hair (which I noticed he touched the back of her head where the camera blocked any actual movement of her hair).

I think that's a great prediction.

It's a good theory, but they seemed to be insinuating rather heavily that he's the professor that was fired. I'm also pretty sure that Colin Hanks has referred to him as a professor before. But yes, that could easily be stuff thrown in there by the writers to keep us off guard about him being imaginary. I just doubt it at this point.

This season has definitely been better than last year, and I don't mean that simply because last year was awful. This season is pretty good so far. The only thing with Dexter is that it gets a little too over-the-top for me often. I still like it, but I suspend disbelief an awful lot now.

Boardwalk Empire was pretty good. I'm glad that they've given Richard a larger and continuous role. I certainly didn't see them scalping the old guy in the wheelchair, though it was definitely cool along with Eli drunkenly taking out that other conspirator. I find myself pulling for both of those characters most of the time. The central characters could all go f*** themselves in my book (Nucky, Jimmy, and Margaret).

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 01:08 AM)
You know what, perhaps EJO is to Colin Hanks what Harry is to Dexter. Maybe he did teach him in college, fell off the face of the Earth (was killed by Hanks or committed suicide in some religious thing), and now that's how Hanks pictures his religious "conscience" or something.

That's exactly what I meant by "not real". I think he WAS a real person, as the pictures that the police department has of him proves (preview of next week), but I think he is dead and now Colin Hanks just imagines him there.

Dexter sees Harry, has conversations with him, and uses him as guidance. I think it's the same effect on Colin Hanks. Just like Dexter said, the only thing he "believed in" was his dad, and I think Colin believes in EJO, as you guys refer to him.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Walking Dead was solid again today. They're not leaning much on the zombies, which is a good and bad thing. Overall, it felt like nothing really happened this week.

Even if it is a rip off of LOST, I hope we get more flashbacks.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 01:42 AM)
That's exactly what I meant by "not real". I think he WAS a real person, as the pictures that the police department has of him proves (preview of next week), but I think he is dead and now Colin Hanks just imagines him there.

Dexter sees Harry, has conversations with him, and uses him as guidance. I think it's the same effect on Colin Hanks. Just like Dexter said, the only thing he "believed in" was his dad, and I think Colin believes in EJO, as you guys refer to him.

I agree completely....It was when they were in the coffee shop when I thought of it. I told my bro last night about this theory and he's all into it now.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Walking Dead was solid again today. They're not leaning much on the zombies, which is a good and bad thing. Overall, it felt like nothing really happened this week.

I couldn't disagree more. There were times during this episode where I was screaming "No and I don'tttt caaaaarrrrrreeeee!" So f'n boring.

Specifically,

they ruined any momentum around the kid getting shot with the 15 million sad/crying shots between Rick and his partner and then Rick and his wife, and then Rick and his partner, and then Rick and his wife, and then Rick by himself, and then Rick with the vet, and then with Rick and his wife and Rick and his partner. Ugh. Put a bullet in my head with that nonsense. That stuff is ok in bits and pieces but it dragged on for at least half of the episode. I liked that they introduced a new location and some new people (hello lady with the horse!) and the medical supply run was gripping, even if short. I'd give that episode a C- against last weeks B+ effort.

QUOTE (onedude @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
I agree completely....It was when they were in the coffee shop when I thought of it. I told my bro last night about this theory and he's all into it now.

Sorry if I ruined Dexter with my theory last week on that. Ha

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
Sorry if I ruined Dexter with my theory last week on that. Ha

I dont think you ruined anything. To me, Dexter is going to meet someone else with a Dark Passenger, only this time the Dark Passenger is driven by something else, and that will draw Dexter in.

Eventually we will find out how EJO 's character relates to the situation. I do believe he was a real person in Colin Hanks life, we just have to figure out where he fits in.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 01:42 AM)

Yeah, I was just trying to put it into an exact context.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
Even if it is a rip off of LOST, I hope we get more flashbacks.

What?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
What?

I liked the flashback at the beginning of the Walking Dead and if they used it more as a plot device or helped developed characters, I think it would be a good idea.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 24, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
Started watching Luther and The Hour...both are really good. But for all the hour comparisons to mad men, it's not even close to being as good to commenting on social issues of the time.

Have had Luther on que on Netflix streaming for awhile.