2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
I would accept this and actually like it. If she just magically survives for 3-4 days it might be the last straw for me and that show.

I don't think there's any reason to suspect that they'll do that. As far as I can remember, they haven't done anything on the show that seems absurd given the circumstances.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear they're going to kill off Unser on SOA, the only good person on the show. The second Clay was beating up Gemma (which I loved), I knew she was going to ensure that he died. We all know my feelings on her being forced into the story, so of course she gets to be the crux of the plot to take Clay down. And it looks like the Sons will take on the cartel. I can't see this being believable. There's just no way a group of about 12 guys could have any success against those odds.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
I fear they're going to kill off Unser on SOA, the only good person on the show. The second Clay was beating up Gemma (which I loved), I knew she was going to ensure that he died. We all know my feelings on her being forced into the story, so of course she gets to be the crux of the plot to take Clay down. And it looks like the Sons will take on the cartel. I can't see this being believable. There's just no way a group of about 12 guys could have any success against those odds.

That was an intense episode. The SOA are a small part in the cartel war. The warring cartels are more about the Sons using their high tech weaponry.

The whole warfare plot line is silly though.

Also just because Tara can not be a surgeon does not mean her career is over. A major head injury possibly but she could still find plenty of work. It does make it a good storyline for why they have to stay though.

I guess we also see why the Unser and Gemma storylines were so prominent this season. I think Gemma, Unser and Clay are all dead before this season wraps.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
That was an intense episode. The SOA are a small part in the cartel war. The warring cartels are more about the Sons using their high tech weaponry.

The whole warfare plot line is silly though.

Also just because Tara can not be a surgeon does not mean her career is over. A major head injury possibly but she could still find plenty of work. It does make it a good storyline for why they have to stay though.

I guess we also see why the Unser and Gemma storylines were so prominent this season. I think Gemma, Unser and Clay are all dead before this season wraps.

I believe Unser and Clay will be dead, but there is absolutely no chance that Gemma is.

I've tried. I've tried to enjoy SOA with a suspension of disbelief, but it's getting really hard. How many groups of trained professionals have to continually f*** up their job before this show just becomes poorly written.

Seriously, last week the entire cartel can't execute a planned strategy to take out their rivals, and this week three guys can't get Tara the f*** away from Jax when they abduct her when he's seriously 100 yards away?

They take off, Jax stops by the car to look at his kids, pulls out a pistol, and starts running after a vehicle that had a minimum 45 second head start. He's a God damned T-1000. So, of course, Tara is saved.

I dunno. I still like the show, but this storyline is just too ridiculous at this point. Also, I wish Gemma would have just gone with the murder/suicide so both she and Clay would be gonezo.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
I've tried. I've tried to enjoy SOA with a suspension of disbelief, but it's getting really hard. How many groups of trained professionals have to continually f*** up their job before this show just becomes poorly written.

Seriously, last week the entire cartel can't execute a planned strategy to take out their rivals, and this week three guys can't get Tara the f*** away from Jax when they abduct her when he's seriously 100 yards away?

They take off, Jax stops by the car to look at his kids, pulls out a pistol, and starts running after a vehicle that had a minimum 45 second head start. He's a God damned T-1000. So, of course, Tara is saved.

I dunno. I still like the show, but this storyline is just too ridiculous at this point. Also, I wish Gemma would have just gone with the murder/suicide so both she and Clay would be gonezo.

Welcome to my side of the argument, a.k.a. the right side ;)

And yes, remember how the hitman was told to make it look like some kind of accident so that it couldn't come back to Clay? How in the f*** would her being kidnapped right in front of Jax look like an accident? I realize that they were going to make it look like the rival cartel, but I'm fairly certain the last thing Clay said was to make it look accidental.

The show is still fun most of the time, but its writing has gone downhill. It's almost like watching a TV show directed by M. Night Shyamalan. It's written backwards just to have a "WOW I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING" moment every few episodes.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)

And yes, remember how the hitman was told to make it look like some kind of accident so that it couldn't come back to Clay? How in the f*** would her being kidnapped right in front of Jax look like an accident? I realize that they were going to make it look like the rival cartel, but I'm fairly certain the last thing Clay said was to make it look accidental.

The show is still fun most of the time, but its writing has gone downhill. It's almost like watching a TV show directed by M. Night Shyamalan. It's written backwards just to have a "WOW I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING" moment every few episodes.

I took that whole kidnapping as something where they did not want to kill Tara and the cartel is setting something up. The person that was going to take out Tara was supposed to work alone, why is he in the park and how did he get four guys to plan this thing with no notice at all. Something seemed odd there.

I agree though that the reality is really slipping but I guess they need to do something.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
LOVELOVELOVE the return of Dexters brother. The way he killed Nick was extremely uncharacteristic though

I think he may get a little ruthless and sloppy now, which would be interesting.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)

FWIW, the hitman(men) thought she was going to be by herself since that was the intel they got from Clay. They weren't expecting someone to be there packing a gun. Maybe if they used a wider shot and we could have seen the layout of the park maybe it would have seemed more believable when Jax caught up to van.

I thought the Clay/Gemma scenes were pretty good this week. I hope the writers realize they are backing themselves into a corner with Clay. At this pace...there is NO WAY they can keep him alive after this season.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
FWIW, the hitman(men) thought she was going to be by herself since that was the intel they got from Clay. They weren't expecting someone to be there packing a gun. Maybe if they used a wider shot and we could have seen the layout of the park maybe it would have seemed more believable when Jax caught up to van.

I thought the Clay/Gemma scenes were pretty good this week. I hope the writers realize they are backing themselves into a corner with Clay. At this pace...there is NO WAY they can keep him alive after this season.

Two things:

1.) Romeo called the hitman immediately after Clay called him. He told him that Jax was with her.

2.) They showed the hitman scoping out the scene on the bench. If Romeo hadn't gotten through to him, which he did, he would have seen it for himself.

Wow, this season of Dexter, which had such a terrible debut episode, has really been great the past few weeks, and this Sunday's episode just pushed it to new heights.

Dexter has actually flipped, replacing Harry with Brian in his mind means he's going to be evil as f*** for a bit. The idea that someone is emulating the Trinity Killer killings is awesome as well (my money is on the son).

Well done, writers, as you've started clicking on the dark humor and the evil that 'Dexter' should be all about... I f***ing love it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
Watched Hell on Wheels on AMC show looks like it has potential. I loved Deadwood and miss a western on TV.

Agreed. I though it was good, solid B+. I'm interested to see where they go, i.e. if it's more of a character show versus an action-oriented show. The pilot was a mixture of both.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
Wow, this season of Dexter, which had such a terrible debut episode, has really been great the past few weeks, and this Sunday's episode just pushed it to new heights.

Dexter has actually flipped, replacing Harry with Brian in his mind means he's going to be evil as f*** for a bit. The idea that someone is emulating the Trinity Killer killings is awesome as well (my money is on the son).

Well done, writers, as you've started clicking on the dark humor and the evil that 'Dexter' should be all about... I f***ing love it.

I think they suggested that pretty strongly :lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)
For those who watched WWII in HD on History, Vietnam in HD is just as good, if not better.

I'm taping it and started watching it last night. I was a little upset about the lack of build-up. They basically just jumped right in without much discussion of the political decision to actually engage. I'm 29 and still don't know the real reason the war ever happened (except for the general "threat of communism" and "cold war" justifications). I was never taught about it in HS, and I missed out on taking a class about it in college.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 10, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
I'm taping it and started watching it last night. I was a little upset about the lack of build-up. They basically just jumped right in without much discussion of the political decision to actually engage. I'm 29 and still don't know the real reason the war ever happened (except for the general "threat of communism" and "cold war" justifications). I was never taught about it in HS, and I missed out on taking a class about it in college.

I DVR'd it as well. I did have to go back and make sure I didn't miss an episode, just for that reason. Once I got past that, I watched the first 3.5 hours of it last night.