Ozzie Roast

PeavyTime

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
Oney got booed like mad. His girlfriend went after a heckler and hit him in the face. This kinda ruined the evening.

I hope he has a horrible accident that renders him unable to type.

He can do everything else fine, just not typing.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
Oney got booed like mad. His girlfriend went after a heckler and hit him in the face. This kinda ruined the evening.

Oney tweeted that for anyone who booed him, he'd be out in the parking lot. Like that little twerp is going to scare anyone. He really needs to go away. Its funny, he can say or tweet whatever he wants about anyone, yet the second someone gives him any crap, which he so richly deserves, he has a whole new set of rules. Oney can pop off about the White Sox, but Jenks better not. Oney can call people names and rip them, but no one should say anything about his stale act.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
Oney tweeted that for anyone who booed him, he'd be out in the parking lot. Like that little twerp is going to scare anyone. He really needs to go away. Its funny, he can say or tweet whatever he wants about anyone, yet the second someone gives him any crap, which he so richly deserves, he has a whole new set of rules. Oney can pop off about the White Sox, but Jenks better not. Oney can call people names and rip them, but no one should say anything about his stale act.

And keep in mind, it's a damn ROAST for his old man. Did he NOT think they weren't gonna go after him too? The whole damn family is fair game.

Ozzie needs to muzzle this kid or he's gonna wind up costing him a lot of money/perhaps his job eventually.

So they extend Ozzie on the same day Oney pulls more embarrassing s***. Great. I love Ozzie but I'm really starting to want him gone. The Chicago White Sox are a proud organization, not a Guillen Family playground. Some of the greatest stories in sports history have come out of this organization, and one of those stories led to two of the best sports films of all time. I really think these stupid little c***s are so full of themselves that they have no idea of the history they're pissing on. Omar Vizquel personally received the blessings of Luis Aparicio to wear his number. That's two of the greatest SS of all time honoring each other. Frank Thomas cried in his #35 retirement ceremony here just last year and we've got these little dickless Kardashian boys running around acting like they own the place because Daddy is the manager. I wonder how Reinsdorf feels when this s*** s*** reaches him? I put last year's offseason on Kenny and last year's results on Kenny, and now I'm thinking the worst move he made last year wasn't Teahen, but NOT going ahead with that Ozzie to Florida trade. Don't even need Stanton to justify it, either. Anything that gets these Kardashians the hell away from here is worth it.

There comes a point in time where you're responsible for your own actions and can't have mommy and daddy to fall back on. Oney isn't 15 anymore. I don't think his actions should be grouped in on Ozzie. Ozzie didn't punch a heckler, hell, neither did Oney, actually. His girl did. All this tells me is his girl watches too much Jersey Shore.

I'm glad Ozzie is here for at least two more years, hope he's here even longer.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
There comes a point in time where you're responsible for your own actions and can't have mommy and daddy to fall back on. Oney isn't 15 anymore. I don't think his actions should be grouped in on Ozzie. Ozzie didn't punch a heckler, hell, neither did Oney, actually. His girl did. All this tells me is his girl watches too much Jersey Shore.

Oney's girl did it so it's not a knock on Ozzie? Sure. Oney's "girl" is just following suit. Most people would never throw a brick through a store window and then come running out with a new TV, but when they see the rest of the city doing it suddenly there's no issue anymore. Same thing. Ozzie's lack of parental action has created a playground atmosphere for the Guillen family and all the little hangers-on that follow it. The punishment for Oney and his "girl" is probably to sit out of the kickball game at recess.

I'm tired of hearing this "he's responsible for his own life" stuff. Does anyone actually believe that? If your father or son had such an extremely prestigious and lucrative position would you really be so careless as to act like that, knowing it could be to his own detriment? And even if you didn't think of that at first, and you acted like an idiot and got your son/father in trouble, and then were told afterwards that you f***ed up big time and could have cost that person dearly, would you show up *again* and repeat the process? Clearly Ozzie's job is to take charge here. If this were Jay Marriotti saying these things you can bet your ass Ozzie would be all over him, but he's not, he's his little b**** son, so he lets it slide. Ozzie is the one with the power here, and if he wants to have Oney banned from the building because Oney needs to be banned from the building, then security will be happy to help. If Ozzie wants to have Oney stop running his little b**** mouth on Twitter then he can take away his allowance, his car, his cell, everything. But Ozzie doesn't care enough apparently. This is really getting annoying. It's not even ST yet and we've already had two Oney dramas ruining s***.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)

Just because they picked up his option for 2012 doesn't guarantee he will be the manager next year. It just guarantees he'll be paid next year.

Since they sunk so much money in this year's payroll, the extra few million they guaranteed to pay Guillen next season was worth it to assure that Guillen's contract status didn't become a daily distraction throughout the 2011 season. But if the Sox don't win the division this year he probably will and most assuredly should be fired. And if he or his family keep embarrassing the organization, he should be gone as well. Winning will give him more leeway, but there's a limit to everything.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
Oney's girl did it so it's not a knock on Ozzie? Sure. Oney's "girl" is just following suit. Most people would never throw a brick through a store window and then come running out with a new TV, but when they see the rest of the city doing it suddenly there's no issue anymore. Same thing. Ozzie's lack of parental action has created a playground atmosphere for the Guillen family and all the little hangers-on that follow it. The punishment for Oney and his "girl" is probably to sit out of the kickball game at recess.

No, its absolutley not a knock on Ozzie. At least not in this case. Are my parents responsible for who myself or my siblings are dating?

You've never seen a girl thats a little too feisty act like a fool when she thinks her boyfriend- an extension of herself, is slighted? You think she punched someone because Ozzie sometimes can't shut up and she's dating one of his sons?

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
No, its absolutley not a knock on Ozzie. At least not in this case. Are my parents responsible for who myself or my siblings are dating?

You've never seen a girl thats a little too feisty act like a fool when she thinks her boyfriend- an extension of herself, is slighted? You think she punched someone because Ozzie sometimes can't shut up and she's dating one of his sons?

It should come as no surprise the kind of woman who would date Oney. I agree, Ozzie isn't responsible for who Oney dates, but if so highly respected like Oney goes out of his way saying all the time, why does Oney or his girlfriend make Ozzie look bad so often? This roast incident is going to blow over. It technically wasn't a White Sox event, but Ozzie sees the vocano which is Oney erupting, and only he can stop it. Its time he does so. I know I would never put my dad in the embarrassing situations Oney constantly gets his father in, and I also know that even if I did, it would happen once because my dad wouldn't let me put him in those awkward situations anymore. I'm sure everyone here would probably say the same thing. Oney continues to prove he's a spoiled rotten brat, and is not close to growing up.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)

I don't think Ozzie has any business telling his son who he can and cannot date. My point was that Ozzie is the enabler here. He is well aware of his son's antics and he has all the power necessary to keep him away from work-related events. If Ozzie managed an Applebees there would be no reason for his son to be there. Same thing here, no reason for him to be there. Yet Ozzie is allowing it even though he knows it may lead to more s*** from Oney.

And I'm sure I'll come off as misogynistic here, but a man is supposed to keep tabs on his woman if she's capable of flying off the handle like that. Something tells me Oney isn't man enough to do that, and that if anything he probably encourages her behavior. And actually, I would imagine the girl controls him if anything. Nobody with a sac follows his dad around like a lost puppy and only breaks the umbilical when he wants to go out and spend his money.

I'm an Ozzie fan and I just wish he'd cut the s*** already.

Some girls, and seemingly moreso recently than I can ever remember are just uncontrollable. I blame reality tv. I love a feisty girl, but some of what you'll run into today is, well...

I don't know the dynamics of Ozzie's family, but yeah, I will agree that it's evident from what has gone on the last few years that his kids feel entitled. That will happen more often than not when your father is a successful professional ball player/manager in a big town. I'm glad Ozzie said Oney was wrong on tweeting about Jenks, and I'd bet that it wasn't just him saying that to the media- he had to have mentioned it to his son as well. I'm not a fan of Oney's ass-twittery, but at a Score roast I just could care less what Oney says or does.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
I don't think Ozzie has any business telling his son who he can and cannot date. My point was that Ozzie is the enabler here. He is well aware of his son's antics and he has all the power necessary to keep him away from work-related events. If Ozzie managed an Applebees there would be no reason for his son to be there. Same thing here, no reason for him to be there. Yet Ozzie is allowing it even though he knows it may lead to more s*** from Oney.

And I'm sure I'll come off as misogynistic here, but a man is supposed to keep tabs on his woman if she's capable of flying off the handle like that. Something tells me Oney isn't man enough to do that, and that if anything he probably encourages her behavior. And actually, I would imagine the girl controls him if anything. Nobody with a sac follows his dad around like a lost puppy and only breaks the umbilical when he wants to go out and spend his money.

I'm an Ozzie fan and I just wish he'd cut the s*** already.

I definitely agree with this sentiment.

The reason why Oney is such a douche is probably because Ozzie has allowed him to be throughout his childhood. Sure, Ozzie probably can't tell Oney what to do now since Oney is technically an adult, but the fact that he is in this current idiotic form has to be part of Ozzie's doing.

Denying this notion is like saying that the drug dealer, whose parents also deal drugs, was not influenced by his/her parents' actions at all.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Just because they picked up his option for 2012 doesn't guarantee he will be the manager next year. It just guarantees he'll be paid next year.

Since they sunk so much money in this year's payroll, the extra few million they guaranteed to pay Guillen next season was worth it to assure that Guillen's contract status didn't become a daily distraction throughout the 2011 season. But if the Sox don't win the division this year he probably will and most assuredly should be fired. And if he or his family keep embarrassing the organization, he should be gone as well. Winning will give him more leeway, but there's a limit to everything.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I am so sick of this "stuff" with Ozzie's kids and I am sure Kenny and Jerry are as well.

If my dad was a big exec with some large corp and I started blasting the corp in the media, making him look bad to the board of directors, etc. He would flat out, tell me to STFU. Period!

There would be no "well he's an adult stuff."

He would say grow a pair, go out and try and get a job on your own without my name and stop making me look bad you idiot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 06:32 PM)
Just rid the organization of the Guillen family! How many players from last year's team have to say the Guillen's are a distraction before JR steps in?

Me thinks you overreact a tad. This is not a big deal ... again.