White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
So what do YOU suggest?

Bringing back Jenks? Hiring a personal psychologist for each member of the bullpen? Voodoo? Shock therapy? Maybe we should just lobotomize them so they're automated robots who don't know the difference between the 6th and the 9th innings?

Yeah, the bullpen and Juan Pierre are huge concerns. But we're acting like we're in the same position as the Red Sox or Rays.

We're only 1/16th of the way through the season. We're not going to continue to blow 86% of our save opportunities or KW, Ozzie and/or Reinsdorf will all be lying dead from heart attacks, have resigned or quit. It can't continue like this indefinitely.

Or maybe we can underachieve year in and year out and fade out by mid August like we seemingly do every year?

I can't believe just ONE aspect (the bullpen) of this otherwise fairly solid team is about as frustrating for me to watch as that damn 2007 season as a WHOLE... and it's barely been a week and a half worth of games.

This is just brutal.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
OK, now back to back walks by Mr. Thornton...

Is it still someone elses fault, and he is still awesome?

Face it, he isn't a closer, has failed miserably in each attempt, regardless of defense behind him.

Well he isn't closing right now and he is still pitching like s***. The concern isn't that Thornton can't handle the 9th, the concern has to be that he is just awful right now.

Thornton is absolutely awful this season. What a freaking choker. Way to step up and take control of this bullpen. Serious issues with this bullpen now, as no one besides Santos seems to have confidence. Probably the most disappointing 7-5 record you can imagine.

OK, now back to back walks by Mr. Thornton...

Is it still someone elses fault, and he is still awesome?

Face it, he isn't a closer, has failed miserably in each attempt, regardless of defense behind him.

But he's no longer in a save situation! It's still not his fault! :D

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
Whose fault this inning?

It has to be Ozzies...despite him trying to use just about the entire bullpen, only to have every one of them fail...it's his fault.

Anybody watching this crap sees that Thornton has nothing right now.

His fastball looks so hittable.

He is wild.

He's got nothing (and yes I know he's also had some bad luck defense)

The eyetest tells me he needs some time off.