2011-2012 OFFICIAL NBA LOCKOUT thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)

Lebron James being dunked on and then failing to put his hands up to defend against a 3 in a game in Taiwan.

I'm surprised LeBron's entourage didn't try to confiscate this video.

http://www.csnchicago.com/08/22/11/Butler-...55675434644-915

Bulls reserve swingman Rasual Butler is the first to take the plunge. Butler's agent, Andy Miller, confirmed to CSNChicago.com Monday morning that the veteran sharpshooter agreed to terms with Spanish league team Gran Canaria for the upcoming season.

According to Miller, the deal includes an NBA out clause, meaning Butler, who isn't under contract with the Bulls next season, is free to return to the NBA if and when the lockout ends. The information was first reported by Spanish publication Sportando.

Gran Canaria, based in the Canary Islands off Spain's coast, plays in the highly-competitive ACB league, regarded as one of Europe's top leagues.

The 6-foot-7 nine-year veteran appeared in six regular-season games and three playoff contests after signing with the Bulls, following his February buyout from the Clippers. He averaged 2.7 points per game, including a 10-point performance against the Nets in the team's regular-season finale.

Butler was well-liked by his new teammates and privately expressed interest in returning to Chicago, although minutes were hard to come by in Tom Thibodeau's rotation, despite the Bulls' need for outside shooting, his specialty.

For his career, Butler has averaged 8.5 points per game and is a 36.1 percent shooter from three-point range.

Aggrey Sam is CSNChicago.com's Bulls Insider. Follow him @CSNBullsInsider on Twitter for up-to-the-minute Bulls information and his take on the team, the NBA and much more.

Tags: Tom Thibodeau, Chicago Bulls, Rasual Butler

link

"I won’t be satisfied until I win a championship. I’m not satisfied at all. There’s not a doubt in my mind that I’m not going to win a championship. I’m going win multiple championships. It’s not a doubt in my mind."

Rose also said his Bulls are good to go as is and don't require any major additions, other than the added experience that came with their run to the Eastern Conference Finals last season.

"If everyone comes in and work on their game, I think that we have a good shot of winning without getting anybody to come to my team. I think everything was just so new… Last year was my first time getting past the first round of the playoffs. Everything was just new to everybody, and that thing is gonna help us. Last year was the base for our team and the sky’s the limit for us."

I'm down.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 07:13 AM)
"There’s not a doubt in my mind that I’m not going to win a championship."

So Derrick Rose is absolutely sure that he's not going to win a championship.

:lolhitting

The English language is tricky, kids!

Well that explains why his brother had to take his SATs...

Jeez, I didn't even notice that. LOL.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=374563&amp...rce=twitterfeed

ATLANTA -- Police say former NBA player Javaris Crittenton has been charged with murder after a woman was shot on an Atlanta street.

Police spokesman Carlos Campos says police have secured a murder warrant for the arrest of Crittenton, who played at Georgia Tech, in connection with the shooting death of 22-year-old Jullian Jones on Aug. 19. Campos said Crittenton is not in custody and is wanted.

Police said Jones was walking with a group of people on the city's southwest side when she was shot.

Investigators say they don't believe the woman was the intended target. Campos said the motive appears to be retaliation for a robbery in April, in which Crittenton was a victim.

Well, I read it with the next sentence meaning that he was absolutely positive he wasn't going to win just one championship, but multiple.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
I hate looking at Derrick Rose highlights on youtube, and then realizing there probably is not going to be a season.

I said something similar while looking for the shirt Rose has been wearing in China. Sad face.