2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
Ok, woah, woah woah......I am watching the series finale of Weeds right now, and I just had to stop it for a moment.

HOW THE HELL was Frank Thomas a disappointment? For those who haven't seen, or don't watch Weeds, one of the characters (albeit, a drunkard) just said....

"I sold 4 Frank Thomas rookie cards for a fortune to some little Japanese f***er. The guy must have been out of his mind to pay what he did for The Big f***ing Hurt. I mean, the guy was a solid .300 career hitter, but a real disappointment when you think about it."

UMMMM WHAT!?!!? You bring my team, and my guy in to the show and you TRASH him! I hate you Kenji.

That's what you get for still watching weeds.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
Did anyone watch Revolution? I have it dvrd and am going to give it a shot when I get home.

The acting wasn't great but I found the story interesting enough. I don't get the over the top vitriol that it is receiving prior to the premiere even airing.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
The acting wasn't great but I found the story interesting enough. I don't get the over the top vitriol that it is receiving prior to the premiere even airing.

It's crazy how it seems just a combination of Jericho, FlashForward and a few other post-apocalyptic shows.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
It's crazy how it seems just a combination of Jericho, FlashForward and a few other post-apocalyptic shows.

Ever since LOST ended, networks have been looking fora show that had that following. Probably won't happen with Revolution. Gus Fring was the only decent actor so far.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
Ever since LOST ended, networks have been looking fora show that had that following. Probably won't happen with Revolution. Gus Fring was the only decent actor so far.

The acting was pretty bad(and this coming from someone that doesn't notice bad acting) but it kept me entertained through out. I'll definitely give it another chance next week.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 11:57 PM)
I was fine with Revoluton's acting.

Plot line reminds me of Flashforward and a bunch of other shows that got killed after the fist year.

I guess the smaller parts annoyed me.

I didn't hate the pilot and will keep watching. I would have saved that last scene for later in the season after characters are developed more.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
I guess the smaller parts annoyed me.

I didn't hate the pilot and will keep watching. I would have saved that last scene for later in the season after characters are developed more.

I'd give the premier a "C." I don't understand the nastiness towards it, but I can see why people don't like it. Having teenagers as your lead characters is a problem. Developing the world in less than 15 minutes is a problem (should have done an hour long episode pre-outage, and a 2nd hour of what we saw in the premiere). I liked the idea, but obviously the better show would have been the outage and the immediate aftermath. Not some lame 15 years later story.

I dunno, I think the main thing is people have gotten spoiled watching cable shows. The bar is so much higher nowadays. At least they're not turning this into a procedural like Terra Nova/Alcatraz, etc. As soon as this becomes "tune in next week when Charlie and her uncle fight off the Aurora militia" i'm OUT.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 09:42 AM)
Looking forward to the next season of The Walking Dead, otherwise known as Jenksismyb****hatesthisshowbutwatchesitreligiously

Ha, yeah. I'm not the only one though. There's a lot of hate watching with that show. From the panels at ComicCon it sounds like the writers are fully aware that the 2nd season sucked and there was too much talking/not doing anything. We get new characters and new sets in season 3, so i'm sure it'll be better.

Lori Grimes is still around though. She might be the worst character in the history of television.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
Ha, yeah. I'm not the only one though. There's a lot of hate watching with that show. From the panels at ComicCon it sounds like the writers are fully aware that the 2nd season sucked and there was too much talking/not doing anything. We get new characters and new sets in season 3, so i'm sure it'll be better.

Lori Grimes is still around though. She might be the worst character in the history of television.

Her son Carl will fight her tooth and nail for that award!

564687_10100733152757948_1316394265_n.jp

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
The 3rd season of Walking Dead is gonna be a ton of action.

Everyone will complain that there is no dialogue and it's moves to fast.

I don't know, the first season was pretty good. I don't think the problem is that there wasn't any action. It's that there wasn't any action AND the dialogue that took its place sucked.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 02:17 AM)
Catching up with SONS. So far so good, halfway through ep2.

Not bad so far.

Anyone know who the guys were that took the documents from Clay's safe?

I couldn't figure out if we were supposed to recognize them or not.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
Not bad so far.

Anyone know who the guys were that took the documents from Clay's safe?

I couldn't figure out if we were supposed to recognize them or not.

It's the same guy (plus crew) who is currently giving cover to Jax/banging Gemma, I THINK

With how it played out, I'm fine with Ian winning over Dan. Ian pretty much did all of the 3 things to win. Be social, he loyal, and win some competitions.

Danielle was stupid to the very end. Saying Ian taking Dan to the final 2 was cowardly. It was obviously the right move.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 05:42 AM)
With how it played out, I'm fine with Ian winning over Dan. Ian pretty much did all of the 3 things to win. Be social, he loyal, and win some competitions.

Danielle was stupid to the very end. Saying Ian taking Dan to the final 2 was cowardly. It was obviously the right move.

Dan deserved it, but he is still the best to ever play the game.