Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
You said Quinn >> Tebow and used 50% completion rate as a reason Tebow sucks. He pointed out Quinn has the same but not nearly as athletic as Tebow, I think that pretty much hits the nail on the head. Both of them might suck but Tebow deserves a shot at least imo, the team isn't going to playoffs or even be competitive whats the point in starting Orton.

When I posted ">>", I meant he's better because he's a passing style QB that fits the NFL game. Tebow is not.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
When I posted ">>", I meant he's better because he's a passing style QB that fits the NFL game. Tebow is not.

So under that Logic

Henry Burris >>> Tebow, Jonathan Quinn (possible relation to Brady) >>> Tebow

heck, even Todd Helton >>> Tebow

really?

BTW, I like the part where you went from ">>>" to ">>"

Edited by Espy.Teahen

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 05:22 AM)
Why do people act like Tebow was awful when he got to play last season?

There are a lot worse options out there than Tim Tebow..

Yeah, I'd gladly take Tebow as our 3rd stringer with certain packages having him behind center. Hell, he's a better goal-line runner than Forte is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
Yeah, I'd gladly take Tebow as our 3rd stringer with certain packages having him behind center. Hell, he's a better goal-line runner than Forte is.

He deserves a chance to start.. He was a rookie that still hasn't been coached up enough for the NFL game and still put up respectable rookie numbers.. He wasn't turning the ball over, he needs time to adjust but I still don't see any reason why he shouldn't be given a fair shot and being an NFL quarterback..

I thought he would fall flat on his face, but his short time at the end of last season made me change my mind about him.. The dude is just a winner, a leader, and works as hard or harder than the hardest workers in the game.. he has a LOT of qualities that people look for in a QB, he just needs the opportunity..

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)

Rookie season 67.2 QB rating for Quinn

82.1 for Tebow.

Thats all we have to compare at the same points in their career's. Brady Quinn is not a good NFL QB.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 01:36 AM)

82.1 for Tebow.

Thats all we have to compare at the same points in their career's. Brady Quinn is not a good NFL QB.

Man, rookie season QB ratings?

71.2 for Peyton Manning in his rookie season.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)

82.1 for Tebow.

How about having a roster full of coaches analyze their play, and having them name Quinn the back-up? I think that counts for something.

I have a new thought: I don't think either one of them are starting quality qbs in the NFL, so this argument is moot.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)

82.1 for Tebow.

To be fair, Quinn played on a completely different team, and different system than Tebow. Its a system that has made Kyle Orton look good. Stop and think about that for a minute.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
To be fair, Quinn played on a completely different team, and different system than Tebow. Its a system that has made Kyle Orton look good. Stop and think about that for a minute.

Kyle orton is not a bad QB, come on man. He was good enough in Chicago that people were clamoring for him constantly and he won a lot fo games there. Orton is good enough that 2-3 teams were interested in trading for him as a starter.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)
Kyle orton is not a bad QB, come on man. He was good enough in Chicago that people were clamoring for him constantly and he won a lot fo games there. Orton is good enough that 2-3 teams were interested in trading for him as a starter.

Is this sarcasm? The only reason anyone liked him in Chicago was because Grossman was the other option, even than the fanbase was split down the middle.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
Is this sarcasm? The only reason anyone liked him in Chicago was because Grossman was the other option, even than the fanbase was split down the middle.

Kyle Orton went what, 10-3 in a mediocre offense as a rookie?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
Kyle Orton went what, 10-3 in a mediocre offense as a rookie?

How is it the majority of people here won't give pitchers credit purely on Win/Loss but you try to use that argument for a QB who has less impact than a SP on a single game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
They pretty much won despite him. But Orton really did develop into a decent QB in 08.

All I'm saying...calling Orton a bad QB is unfair. Dude's acceptable. He's not carrying you to a super bowl, but a number of teams would get better if they acquired him and used him as their starter.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
All I'm saying...calling Orton a bad QB is unfair. Dude's acceptable. He's not carrying you to a super bowl, but a number of teams would get better if they acquired him and used him as their starter.

None of them would actually be good teams.

Pretty f'ing excited for this Bears game tomorrow. Not sure how the defense will play considering the circumstances, but if we can get a performance out of our offense similar to last week, which shouldn't be difficult, considering the Saints won't be able to get a ton of pressure on Jay without Will Smith (yes, I know they will bring the blitzes), we should be in the driver's seat for this one.

Love the moneyline value at +260