AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
f*** ORLANDO HUDSON!!!

ORLANDO HUDSON :headbang

:lolhitting

Hudson made up for his poor defensive play tonight. This was a huge win. You avoid a sweep and you get some momentum going back into interleague play.

Let's sweep those lowly Stros.

Serious question: When's the last time we had a walk off victory at home in a 9-inning game?

How many have we had this season and last?

Looked strange to see it happen and stranger to see the guys jumping around on ESPN on the highlight of Hudson's hit.

Sox finally got the walk-off base knock. Amazing.

That Alex Rios kid is turning out to be a decent ball player.

Hudson's walk-off hit was awesome. His defenseive play was a 180 degree turn from the other night when he was amazing. It was good to see him redeem himself.

Jake looked good without looking good. He definitely didn't have his best stuff, but his okay stuff was good enough.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
:lolhitting

Hudson made up for his poor defensive play tonight. This was a huge win. You avoid a sweep and you get some momentum going back into interleague play.

Let's sweep those lowly Stros.

I've just come to the realization that Hudson is a stone cold idiot. His baseball IQ is approaching T-ball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
I've just come to the realization that Hudson is a stone cold idiot. His baseball IQ is approaching T-ball.

Brain cramp? Yes. Stone cold idiot? Harsh. Lacking in MLB level 3rdbaseman instincts after playing 13 games at that position in his career? Yes. Bottom line, he had no errors last nite,and did not cost the Sox any runs with his brain cramp.

He had the game-winning hit,along with another hit last nite.

In summary....he had a good game,cus the team won,and the Sox are now 10-3 with him manning the hot corner. I will take that.

QUOTE (Hawk09 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
Brain cramp? Yes. Stone cold idiot? Harsh. Lacking in MLB level 3rdbaseman instincts after playing 13 games at that position in his career? Yes. Bottom line, he had no errors last nite,and did not cost the Sox any runs with his brain cramp.

He had the game-winning hit,along with another hit last nite.

In summary....he had a good game,cus the team won,and the Sox are now 10-3 with him manning the hot corner. I will take that.

I agree with most of this. He hasn't looked great by any means, but he had some fantastic plays the other night. He had some bad plays last night, and although the one that hit the seam and then bounced off his glove was not counted as an error, he didn't play the ball well. But, I don't care, because the Sox won and he got the winning hit. I'll take that.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
I agree with most of this. He hasn't looked great by any means, but he had some fantastic plays the other night. He had some bad plays last night, and although the one that hit the seam and then bounced off his glove was not counted as an error, he didn't play the ball well. But, I don't care, because the Sox won and he got the winning hit. I'll take that.

Since he got here, I'd say for every plus play he has had, he also has had a negative. Last night blowing the play on the seam of the grass, and then throwing home with two outs, and letting a ball go between his arms. Besides the five errors the guy has already you can point to plays like him not giving the dropped pop up a chance to roll foul, and his not knocking down a catchable ball on a stolen base attempt at third, which turned into a run.

He has been awful defensively, and a lot of it hasn't nothing to do with playing 3B. The guy has played the middle IF all his life, how can he not catch a throw from the catcher? That also has nothing to do with throwing home with two outs.