9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 05:47 AM)
Here's an interesting question.

If you had to do something costly/embarrassing/life threatening in order for the Sox to make the playoffs (doing one of these things guarantees it). Would you?

Costly? Yes, I'd go to a game and pay parking even. Costly is a relative term. I'd buy box seats for four, pay for parking and drinks/food.

Embarrassing? I doubt it.

Life threatening? No. It's all up to the players. Now that Detroit has caught us, should be interesting to see if team continues to suck or steps up. As expected, KC is laying down.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:33 AM)
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the White Sox clubhouse right now. I wonder if there's gloom and doom, panic, stress, anger...

Or if they're just remaining calm and chilled. They have to be nervous, don't they?

Anyway... f*** the bulls***... WIN!!!!

I hope they're confident and hungry. I hope they relish the challenge they have created for themselves. I want each one of our hitters to eagerly go to the plate happy for the opportunity to get a hit. I feel like when I watch, most of our hitters go up to the plate trepidatiously, their faces saying they are thinking more defensively, i.e., don't screw up, than offensively, i.e., "hit this piece of s***," (thanks AJ). I want them feeling like they can get a hit in every at bat. To me that's what the Tigers hitters look like they are feeling when they come to the plate. I hope that's the atmosphere in the clubhouse right now - confidence.

In the words of the Pork Chop Express himself:

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, 'Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.'"

Edited by PorkChopExpress

I've been positive all year, but I think if they fall behind a game, its over. I know Detroit is day-to-day bad like we are, but I don't feel to good right now.

Maybe if they can win tonight and Cy Guthrie can snag a win in Detroit I'll feel better, but, man, this sucks.

Sox will win, Tigers will lose. Back to a 1 game lead, magic number will be 7. SoxTalk will do another 180 and be optimistic tomorrow.

And that will probably be followed by a Sox loss and Tigers win on Thursday.

I'm afraid this season comes down to the last series. Almost too much stress to even enjoy watching the games.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
DeAza 8, Youkilis 5, Dunn DH, Konerko 3, Rios 9, Pierzynski 2,Ramirez 6, Wise 8, Beckham 4. Masterson v Santiago

I like that he has Viciedo sitting tonight, however, I would like to see this variation of the line-up:

DeAza

Beckham

Rios

Dunn

Konerko

AJP

Youkilis

Ramirez

Wise

I like that he has Viciedo sitting tonight, however, I would like to see this variation of the line-up:

DeAza

Beckham

Rios

Dunn

Konerko

AJP

Youkilis

Ramirez

Wise

Even when they're slumping, Youk and Dunn are getting walks, so they need to be at the top. I could see moving Rios above Konerko, and Beckham and Wise above Ramirez, though. So maybe:

DeAza 7

Youkilis 5

Dunn DH

Rios 9

Konerko 3

AJ C

Beckham 4

Wise 8

Ramirez 6

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
Even when they're slumping, Youk and Dunn are getting walks, so they need to be at the top. I could see moving Rios above Konerko, and Beckham and Wise above Ramirez, though. So maybe:

DeAza 7

Youkilis 5

Dunn DH

Rios 9

Konerko 3

AJ C

Beckham 4

Wise 8

Ramirez 6

Then you have Rios and Konerko back-to-back in the middle of the order.

Most managers prefer that L/R/L/R balance. We saw it with DeAza/Wise/Dunn at the top, or just Wise/Youk/Dunn or any combination of the top 3 hitters being LH and Youk struggling on the road.

Beckham hasn't been so good or automatic, especially against RHP, that you elevate him suddenly up to an unfamiliar 7th spot and "bench" Alexei down to 9th.

Let's not panic, our line-up has managed to get us this far in 1st place or tied for 1st.

C'mon Royals, win at LEAST 1 of 4.

That's not asking too much, is it? Four game sweeps on the home or road are so rare, and this is their best match-up (Guthrie vs. Porcello).

On the other hand, the Tigers' fans have been more consistently supporting their team for the last 2-3 seasons, so they deserve that home field advantage they've earned from their fanbase.

A sterling 48-31 record at home, 7 games under on the road.

Cabrera and Infante with some nifty defensive work.

Alcides Escobar now 0/17 (go figure) career vs. Porcello, who's 5-3, mid 4.0's career ERA against the Royals.

0-0 going into the bottom of the 1st.

Leadoff double by Austin Jackson. Uh-oh.

Edited by caulfield12