Another White Sox winner

Balta1701

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
What if we take all 4 from the tigers? Sin city where u at??

We'd be 9 games behind with a lot of baseball to play. If things were a little closer than they are and we swept Detroit I'd look to add a piece if possible. Sadly I think they let this get too far away.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
The bullpen didn't allow a hit. Great catch by Wells. Good hitting work by Rios, Alexei, Dunn.

Saw in on WGN and liked it a lot. Don't forget the excellent defensive play by Keppinger with bases loaded and two out. That Wells catch was pretty special. They both should make plays of the game highlights

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)
We'd be 9 games behind with a lot of baseball to play. If things were a little closer than they are and we swept Detroit I'd look to add a piece if possible. Sadly I think they let this get too far away.

I was thinking today when the announcer said Tampa had won 17 of 19 (with the Sox help of course). If the Sox starting today won 17 of 19 (which we won't, but...) how many games do you think the Sox would be out. I still think we'd be a bunch of games behind. Stat people?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 08:12 PM)
I was thinking today when the announcer said Tampa had won 17 of 19 (with the Sox help of course). If the Sox starting today won 17 of 19 (which we won't, but...) how many games do you think the Sox would be out. I still think we'd be a bunch of games behind. Stat people?

Let's say everyone else plays .500 baseball during that time, the SOX would be roughly 8-9 games out.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 01:19 AM)
Let's say everyone else plays .500 baseball during that time, the SOX would be roughly 8-9 games out.

Man. It's weird to have the season be over so quickly this year. Very strange. 2-3 seasons of this can decimate a fan base as precarious as the Sox's, right?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 06:26 PM)
Man. It's weird to have the season be over so quickly this year. Very strange. 2-3 seasons of this can decimate a fan base as precarious as the Sox's, right?

Not if they come back strong in 2015 or 2016 as a bleeping FORCE.

Then it's upswing city...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 08:12 PM)

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 08:19 PM)

If the Sox were to win 17 of 19 (which of course isn't going to happen) and everyone else went 10-9 in that stretch the standings would be as such.

Detroit 63-53

Cleveland 62-55 (1.5 back)

White Sox 56-58 (6 back)

Kansas City 55-59 (7 back)

Minnesota 51-63 (11 back)

Now lets really have some fun. Lets still say the Sox win 17 of 19. 16 of those 19 are against the Central with the other three against the Yankees. Let's say the two losses were both against the Yankees and they swept the Central in that time. If everyone in the division played at their current winning percentage during this stretch in all games not against the White Sox the standings would be as follows.

Detroit 60-56

Cleveland 60-57 (.5 back)

White Sox 56-58 (3 back)

Kansas City 53-61 (6 back)

Minnesota 48-66 (11 back)

Obviously not going to happen, but it's fun to pretend.