2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not even close who the better team was top to bottom. How often do you see a team lose the turnover battle by 4 and win. Let alone against Oregon. Let alone win by 20+. They coulda won by 40

Game really confirms what many have said about mariota for a long time - he's going to struggle in a pro style against pro defenses

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 12:05 AM)
not even close who the better team was top to bottom. How often do you see a team lose the turnover battle by 4 and win. Let alone against Oregon. Let alone win by 20+. They coulda won by 40

Game really confirms what many have said about mariota for a long time - he's going to struggle in a pro style against pro defenses

based off what? he made some good throws and no one has seen him in a pro style offense. May not have been his greatest game but bad enough to confirm anything.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:50 PM)
Urban doesn't even have an entire roster of his own guys yet. The rest of the Big Ten is so f***ed.

He did get three top 20 commits during the game. You just hope the team lives up to the hype. Next year will mean a lot.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
Nice to see the Big Ten win a National Championship again. Playoffs were a big success to me, but would like to see it go to 8 teams. Hopefully SEC love fest of voters will change with crappy showing this bowl season.

What? The SEC had more bowl wins (7) than any other conference, and several games that were losses could have gone either way (LSU-ND, Auburn-Wisconsin). The top teams didn't fare well, but it's the deepest conference in college football. When Florida is your 12th best team, you're pretty good.

I'm far from a "SEC guy," and I openly root against SEC teams, but facts are facts. Let's not act like because the Big 10 has 1 legit team that the whole conference is awesome now.

Oh and congrats, Rock. I still can't believe OSU beat Alabama much less won a national title. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
Nice to see the Big Ten win a National Championship again. Playoffs were a big success to me, but would like to see it go to 8 teams. Hopefully SEC love fest of voters will change with crappy showing this bowl season.

After loving this experience with the playoffs, I think 8 teams would be perfect.

No, 8 teams is too much. Having to win three games to win the championship starts to make it more like basketball where the best team isn't likely to win it all.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 07:31 AM)
No, 8 teams is too much. Having to win three games to win the championship starts to make it more like basketball where the best team isn't likely to win it all.

It's the American way though. Every other sport rewards getting hot at the right time as opposed to maintaining season-long success.

yea i hate when that happens in the NFL. It just sucks

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)
Cardale should declare.

He is pretty old for a college QB and no guarantee he starts next year. Probably would be a mid round pick given his size and arm.

I actually think he'd be the 3rd QB of the board. He's 22 and has a kid? I think he goes pro.

The #4 seed just won the national title in a year where the #5 team had a pretty legitimate argument for not staying home too.