2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
I think Glazer even indicated they were the perceived front-runners. Hopefully Glazer has a good source on this! Helps that the Phins are out.

I can't see them ponying up the money Michigan is reported to be willing to pay, but it depends what he wants. Does he really want to go on the road and try recruiting 17 and 18 year olds?

Plus, if he did win with the Bears, he would be like Ditka. He would have huge income the rest of his life. Can the Bears convince him he can win?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
I think Glazer even indicated they were the perceived front-runners. Hopefully Glazer has a good source on this! Helps that the Phins are out.

Can they sign him December 29th? Bring it McCaskey's.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 02:21 PM)
The Chicago Bears should have the highest paid coaches in the league. That family has been stealing from this city for years.

They should also have something other than the smallest stadium in the league, but well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
They should also have something other than the smallest stadium in the league, but well.

Unless you are on the season ticket waiting list, why would anyone care? It isn't like, without a dome, they have a legit shot at hosting a Super Bowl even if they sat 100k.

At least now, it's a pretty nice place to watch a football game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
The nicest place to watch a game is from your own couch

Usually I would agree, but Soldier Field 300 level first few rows around midfield is very nice, and you get a better view of a play developing than you do on TV. At least before it gets too cold. I would rather watch from my couch than freeze or get soaked. They are swapping out the video boards with a couple supposed to be 3 times as large next season, which will be great for replays.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
He did take that shot to the head.

You can't make up what happens with the Bears anymore.

just to be clear, my extended "haaaaa" was not laughing at the injury or anything regarding the injury, merely that Murphys Law has descended upon the Bears organization and taken a seat next to Phil Emery

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 02:07 PM)
I hope Cutler doesn't go rogue and throw for 400 with 4 TDS. Bears lock up the 7th pick with a loss.

They need a guy who knows what he is doing with the 7th pick. You look at the last 20 or so first round picks, in hidsight there are only at most 4 or 5 worthy of being selected in the first round, and there are several top 10 picks.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
They need a guy who knows what he is doing with the 7th pick. You look at the last 20 or so first round picks, in hidsight there are only at most 4 or 5 worthy of being selected in the first round, and there are several top 10 picks.

IMO Bears should trade down and start hoarding. Everyone needs impact talent, but the bears need so much talent everywhere they need to start hoarding picks.

edit: said stop instead of start.

Edited by bmags

IMO Bears should trade down and stop hoarding. Everyone needs impact talent, but the bears need so much talent everywhere they need to start hoarding picks.

That has gotten harder to do. Teams are less willing to give up multiple picks to move up in the first round. You have to catch a break and have a player available at your pick that somebody 10+ spots farther down really, really wants.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
That has gotten harder to do. Teams are less willing to give up multiple picks to move up in the first round. You have to catch a break and have a player available at your pick that somebody 10+ spots farther down really, really wants.

One other thing to keep in mind is that with the updated salary cap rules, the value of a top 10 pick has actually gone up in the last few years. If you hit on it, you've got the guy for what, 5 years at a fairly minimal cap hit before he's a free agent or 4 years before his extension kicks in. That's also where you can get franchise changers.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 08:28 PM)

Yeah, we heard Emery rationalize that last year. But ultimately you had the bills trading up like crazy, browns trading down, etc etc. It happens. Emery also traded up to get Brock Vereen so...guess who has only 5 picks again.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
Yeah, we heard Emery rationalize that last year. But ultimately you had the bills trading up like crazy, browns trading down, etc etc. It happens. Emery also traded up to get Brock Vereen so...guess who has only 5 picks again.

Hub Arkush:

"Brock Vereen can't play."