Sox vs Twins April 3 game thread

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys think I'm a moron for saying this all the time, but Nate Jones' arm delivery is awful. I only saw one other guy throw like that, Keith Foulke. I don't know how any pitching coach can allow him to pitch that way.

Some of you guys who were pitchers ... do u agree with me?? His arm delivery is not conducive to anything positive.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
You guys think I'm a moron for saying this all the time, but Nate Jones' arm delivery is awful. I only saw one other guy throw like that, Keith Foulke. I don't know how any pitching coach can allow him to pitch that way.

Some of you guys who were pitchers ... do u agree with me?? His arm delivery is not conducive to anything positive.

Yeah except he's been pretty damn good for the past two years...

Jones will be fine. Something's not right with him right now. He also started out really slow last year.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
I wonder if Jones was the closer until pretty late in spring training, and they pulled the plug on it? He looked shaky there too.

I wonder if the injury that shortened his spring isn't lingering. He may need more time.

No. Some guys are unique. Look at Paco Rodriguez from the Dodgers as an example and had a great year last year.

He's a reliever so delivery doesnt mean much to me as it gives him movement and slight deception. He lacks control which is something that is known about him. Its one reason why he was a poor option as closer.

He was one of the best relievers in baseball last year. It's April 3rd. Relax.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)
Who wants to go watch a game in this weather? They really should make all of these teams start in the south or in domes until mid-April.

Or just, ya know, shorten the season.