4/6 White Sox @ Royals 1:10pm CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)
It's his sixth professional game.

Do they play differently in Cuba? If he cannot catch now why would he be able to next year? That is at least 2 drops in 6 games. You don't see that with 8 year old first base men.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
Do they play differently in Cuba? If he cannot catch now why would he be able to next year? That is at least 2 drops in 6 games. You don't see that with 8 year old first base men.

I'm not going to pronounce him a finished product at this point is all.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 04:13 PM)
I'm not going to pronounce him a finished product at this point is all.

We're talking about catching throws as a first baseman. At 27, if he needs to work on that, I doubt very much that DH isn't in his future.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)
It's his sixth professional MLB game.

I agree with you. I think he needs some time to adjust to life here, his team, the expectations, etc. I'm not going to judge until next year.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
I just don't feel like it's worth it to lose my s*** in the first week about it.

Just worth pondering whether he's ever actually had a coach tell him the right way to handle that play, and then follow it up with practice and video of what the mistake was.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 04:52 PM)
Just worth pondering whether he's ever actually had a coach tell him the right way to handle that play, and then follow it up with practice and video of what the mistake was.

Well they got a nice plane ride to show him video and coach him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 04:52 PM)

I bet he has. Other Cubans have known how to play defense. He is a bad first baseman. They didn't pay him for his glove.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 10:05 PM)
I'll take 3-3 after one week.

Robin on track to be a manager of the year candidate if he can keep the team at .500.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
We're talking about catching throws as a first baseman. At 27, if he needs to work on that, I doubt very much that DH isn't in his future.

My gosh I wish we'd some how just cut Dunn so Abreu could start his DH career. Let Paulie play first the rest of his farewell season and get on with it. There's absolutely no reason to not have Abreu DH right now. He's a hitter, not a fielder.

That said, tip of the cap to A. Garcia for playing better in right field today. Maybe he can improve and become a grade of C defensively.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
Robin on track to be a manager of the year candidate if he can keep the team at .500.

My gosh I wish we'd some how just cut Dunn so Abreu could start his DH career. Let Paulie play first the rest of his farewell season and get on with it. There's absolutely no reason to not have Abreu DH right now. He's a hitter, not a fielder.

That said, tip of the cap to A. Garcia for playing better in right field today. Maybe he can improve and become a grade of C defensively.

Paulie doesn't want to start every day nor should he. Jesus Christ can we stop with this please? Now if you want to argue that Dunn should be let go so that De Aza and Viciedo can play every day, I won't argue with you, but stop with the Konerko nonsense.