Scott Carroll To MLB

Jose Abreu

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 09:21 AM)
I feel bad (not really) for the Charlotte bullpen guys. Lastnight they had 2 guys throw 3 innings to mimic a starter. Who the hell else can the Sox sign off the scrap heap to eat innings for Charlotte?

Jamie Moyer

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 09:21 AM)
I feel bad (not really) for the Charlotte bullpen guys. Lastnight they had 2 guys throw 3 innings to mimic a starter. Who the hell else can the Sox sign off the scrap heap to eat innings for Charlotte?

Scott Linebrink

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
I got a chuckle outta this.

Thank you, Scott Carroll. You too, SCS.

And poof ... I'm instantly a Scott Carroll fan, pulling for this dude to do something good with this unexpected opp in the Bigs.

Baseball needs creative, funny, and good guys (okay, given that he's the first two, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on the third). Heck, the world in general needs those things too.

Thank you, Scott Carroll.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
Have the Sox made anything official yet or is this just an educated guess? And I just saw that Price is starting for Tampa Sunday, oh boy.

He's got people from his home town congratulating him on Twitter. He's starting Sunday.

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 38m

When Scott Carroll comes up to pitch Sunday, Avi Garcia will go to the 60-day DL to open a 40-man roster spot. Still not official though.

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 54m

Nothing new on Sunday's #WhiteSox starter officially. But @JenLada hears it will be Scott Carroll. Robin Ventura said let us know tonight.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 05:08 AM)
The Expos just scored again

Haha... I remember that game well. It's weird because I can't think of too many regular season games from that long ago that I remember as vividly, but as soon as someone mentioned Munoz, my mind went to the Expos game. I was so pumped to see him pitch... and then that happened.

Edited by dasox24

WHITE SOX PURCHASE CONTRACT OF SCOTT CARROLL; TRANSFER AVISAIL GARCIA TO 60-DAY DISABLED LIST

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Sunday, April 27, 2014

CHICAGO – Prior to today’s game vs. Tampa Bay, the Chicago White Sox purchased the contract of right-handed pitcher Scott Carroll from Class AAA Charlotte and transferred outfielder Avisail Garcia to the 60-day disabled list.

Carroll, 29, is scheduled to make his major-league debut this afternoon against the Rays. He will wear uniform No. 67.

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Carroll has gone 3-1 with a 1.57 ERA (4 ER/23.0 IP), 13 strikeouts and a .228 (18-79) opponents average in four starts with Charlotte this season. He did not allow an earned run in 19.0 IP over his first three starts of the season and was named International League Pitcher of the Week for April 7-13.

Carroll is 27-38 with a 3.95 ERA (281 ER/639.2 IP) and 385 strikeouts in 138 games (107 starts) over eight minor-league seasons. A native of Kansas City, Mo., he originally was selected by Cincinnati in the third round of the 2007 draft and signed with the White Sox as a free agent on July 12, 2012.

Garcia, 22, was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a torn labrum and avulsion fracture in his left shoulder suffered on April 9 at Colorado attempting a diving catch. He underwent successful surgery on April 15 but is expected to be available without restriction for the start of 2015 spring training.