7-20 Game thread Sox vs Astros

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)
Danks at home this year 4-2 2.72 ERA 45/18 SO/BB in 59.2 innings. Opponents hitting .217.

Guess I should also point out he hasn't been that good in day games though.

Which split will play out today??

Looks like I have my answer

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
Danks 15th HR given up....go away.

Why do so many people hate Danks? He's having a great year for a guy coming off an injury. He's performed pretty well this season. So what if he makes a ton of cash. It's not our money. It's not like Sox would do anything with the extra cash if they didn't have to pay Danks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)
Why do so many people hate Danks? He's having a great year for a guy coming off an injury. He's performed pretty well this season. So what if he makes a ton of cash. It's not our money. It's not like Sox would do anything with the extra cash if they didn't have to pay Danks.

He's gotten lucky with his ERA, he's been one of the worst starters in the majors by a lot of different metrics

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)

Because he's just not going to be anything close to the pitcher he was in 2008-10.

As far as having a great year, it has been pretty good, maybe a bit better than expected in terms of quality starts. The peripheral statistics don't match up with the standard numbers, so there's a lot of room for regression to the mean based on his homers and elevated walk/lower K totals.

Remember, this is his second season after the surgery, so it was reasonable to expect better results. Of course, with shoulder injuries, it's a different situation than Tommy John.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)

Hahn would use the 16 mil in other areas. Danks is a shell of himself anymore.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)
He's gotten lucky with his ERA, he's been one of the worst starters in the majors by a lot of different metrics

Interesting.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 07:15 PM)
Hahn would use the 16 mil in other areas. Danks is a shell of himself anymore.

He's had a batch of quality starts. I don't understand why fans despise some players because of the amount of money they make and others get a free pass. I like Danks' season. I like Danks' style. He appears to be a Peavy-like bulldog out there. Danks is the least of this teams's problems IMO. Let him earn his big bucks. He's not deserving of the animosity IMO.

Caufield pointed out the Astros have his number for some reason. So be it. I like Danks.

I appreciate Hawk's contributions over the years, but my god is it annoying how much he dominates each broadcast. Stone can barely get a thought in without Hawk interrupting. Time to either force Hawk to retire or find another partner for him, because the current pairing just doesn't work IMO.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
I appreciate Hawk's contributions over the years, but my god is it annoying how much he dominates each broadcast. Stone can barely get a thought in without Hawk interrupting. Time to either force Hawk to retire or find another partner for him, because the current pairing just doesn't work IMO.

I notice some games he has a b****y edge to him, so to speak. And those days he interrupts Stoney a lot, etc. Some days the two are a delight to listen to, I feel.