7/21 KC Royals @ Chicago White Sox

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)
Should have put this game away in the first two innings. That's why when the bullpen gives it up at the end sometimes, it's not all on them.

Should have but Guthrie is on the mound. And guess who is pitching tomorrow. I'd rather face Shields

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)
That is not true. Baseball is moving further and further from head shots as it should. Most pitchers, away from the Vicente Padillas of he world, understand that you throw at the back/butt/thighs.

What's your point? Yes players don't throw at the head anymore, therefore there are very few beanballs in baseball anymore. Bean is slang for head, thus why it is called a beanball.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 08:38 PM)
Sorry, but pet peeve time. It is only a beanball if it hits the player in the head.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 08:49 PM)
Yes players don't throw at the head anymore, therefore there are very few beanballs in baseball anymore. Bean is slang for head, thus why it is called a beanball.

Thank you!

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 08:38 PM)
Sorry, but pet peeve time. It is only a beanball if it hits the player in the head.

Huh, I did not know that. I thought if you "beaned" somebody, you hit them anywhere. I stand corrected. Thanks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 09:12 PM)
That was an absolute blast by Flowers. A mammoth blast. That would have been the game right there if it was fair.

I hate listening to this Royals crew. Hudler truly is a dunce.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 02:13 AM)
I hate listening to this Royals crew. Hudler truly is a dunce.

Yes it's painful to listen to the KC crew. Although Lefebvre is OK. Hudler, Physioc and Steve Stewart are such homers it's simply unbelievable.

Edited by greg775