September Callups

flavum

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
Did Winston-Salem make the playoffs?

Is there a minor league team where Rodon could be headed?

Doesn't make sense to hype the very likely possibility of Rodon pitching in September, just as a tease.

Maybe they figured they could draw more Tigers/Royals/Indians fans to USCF than any Sox fans who would specifically come out to see a Rodon start.

Hahn never said it was a lock or anything so it's not that big a tease. He stated numerous times that the decision on Rodon was predicated on what's best for his development big picture. I'm guessing the changeup isn't exactly where they want it to be.

Also, thank you for changing your avatar lol....While funny I just couldn't look at that thing every time you posted.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
Where u seeing that i see nothing about him on that site.

Another corner of the internets

@SouthSideSox: Rodon isn't available to pitch until Sept. 4, so the Sox might wait a few days to bring him up ...

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
Where u seeing that i see nothing about him on that site.

Could you at least try to use proper grammar? You have virtually unlimited space on this message board to express your thoughts. You don't need to use the shorthand text lingo of a 12 year old girl.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 11:42 AM)
Merkin saying no Rodon or Mitchell. Wow.

Thank goodness. I couldn't be happier. While Rodon has had some really nice numbers in the minors, it is clear his command isn't there. I don't want to rush this guy and try to teach him command at the major league level. I want to make sure Coop and our minor league coaches are working with Rodon on the right things so when we bring him up, he's ready for the big time. I think it will happen quickly but I'm very glad the Sox are taking the patient approach. Only reason I'd want him at the major league level is for him to be getting more reps on what he is working on (not specifically MLB reps...just more innings with our coaching staff working on what they are working on).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 03:02 PM)
It's also a convenient way to say, out of Spring Training next year, that he "still needs some work" and to then have him called up on May 1st (so as to maximize service time without it being obviously gaming the service time loophole).

Yea I never really bought the argument that he was somehow ordained to be in CHicago this fall. Maybe if they were in a pennent race and he could come be the closer or setup guy but there is no point other then "getting his feet wet" to bring him up this fall. He can "get his feet wet" next year in ARI and come up in May.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:20 PM)
Could you at least try to use proper grammar? You have virtually unlimited space on this message board to express your thoughts. You don't need to use the shorthand text lingo of a 12 year old girl.

Can you get off my back please?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
peavy44, you are all over the map here. Lets try and not call people racist for very non racist things.

My reply made perfect sense, it was a tweet that south side sox posted just a few hours ago.

Don't forget, if they call up Rodon today, that works out to about an extra $3000 a day for days he isn't pitching.

Also worth mentioning that Hahn has been pretty steadfast in saying that Rodon was NOT a lock to come to Chicago this year. It is just no one believed him. Turns out it might just be true.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
Rodon/Boras held out for cash, so they'll just have to wait until next year to come to the bigs.

Yeah but its gonna cost them now, i still think if he signed right away and started pitching right away he would be called up, the extra money they waited for is going to cost them now.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
Boras held out for cash not rodon.

Not that it really matters all that much, but no, that was Rodon's ultimate decision. Boras has no actual authority (as opposed to considerable influence) in that relationship.

Just my personal opinion, but I think Rodon's representation alone would justify treating him differently than they treated Chris Sale coming up.

Edited by BPK

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 04:45 PM)
Mitchell has been out of favor with the FO for a while now.

I had the feeling that a lot of what was said by Buddy Bell about Mitchell was either a sales job, or an effort to try to motivate the guy, and not how they actually felt about him.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:07 PM)
Rodon is not starting this year.

I hope he's not relieving either.

No reason to waste service time on this 90 loss team. He had a long college season too. Let him rest.

Like to see Mitchell up.

Don't see the point of danks. Sox seem to believe that it is their obligation to have an OF who can't hit as 4th OF.