2008 Blackout Game

flavum

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
I had trouble enjoying the celebration for different reasons. My view was great but Nick Swisher, who celebrated more than anyone else, clouded it. The way he was celebrating you would have never guessed that he batted .219 and and got replaced by DeWayne Wise down the stretch.

This is a game I will always remember for the rest of my life. Never been to a playoff game, but have been told the stadium was even better than some playoff games and I was there. Not trying to be disrespectful, but if you couldn't enjoy that game, I don't know what game would. One player shouldn't cloud your judgement on such a special game in Sox history. The pitching duel, Jr's catch, Thome's homer, Anderson's catch, there were so many great moments in that game. Swisher who???

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
This is a game I will always remember for the rest of my life. Never been to a playoff game, but have been told the stadium was even better than some playoff games and I was there. Not trying to be disrespectful, but if you couldn't enjoy that game, I don't know what game would. One player shouldn't cloud your judgement on such a special game in Sox history. The pitching duel, Jr's catch, Thome's homer, Anderson's catch, there were so many great moments in that game. Swisher who???

Only thing I think that may have come close was the 10 inning playoff game in 1983.

The 2005 playoffs were cool but there was no elimination game.

The worst part of the 2008 playoffs was Javier Vazquez.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
Only thing I think that may have come close was the 10 inning playoff game in 1983.

The 2005 playoffs were cool but there was no elimination game.

The worst part of the 2008 playoffs was Javier Vazquez.

Javy was my boy when he was here, but he was Captain Buzzkill down the stretch in 2008.

Javy Vazquez OPS allowed, 2006:

1st inning: 0.591

2nd inning: 0.501

3rd inning: 0.821

4th inning: 0.465

5th inning: 0.858

6th inning: 1.000

7th inning: 0.926

8th inning: 0.572

9th inning: 2.000

The spike in the 3rd, and 5-7, certainly make it look like he suffered when hitters saw him again.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
Anyway, skipped to the 7th of the game on the DVR last night. I'd forgotten how Thome absolutely annihilated that ball. Ridiculous.

That was one of the longest homers I have ever seen in person. To this day, I still don't know how it wasn't measured at 500ish feet.