2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 07:48 AM)
I was watching Kaplan's show the day Russell was called up, and Kap was going on and on, saying the Cubs never thought they would be in this position so soon. One of the other panelists, I think Lazerus, said "what, 7-5?"

Kaplan (sigh). In addition to being moronically cub-sessed, he and his bald head physically resemble a penis, which is only fitting given all the junk he spews.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)
Kris Bryant back in center field today. Anybody in the know think he can handle that full time or is just because of the injury crunch?

Last night was the first time he played CF as a professional. I could only imagine if Kris Bryant was a White Sox and they had him play CF. I guess Joe Maddon must be a big dope.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
Last night was the first time he played CF as a professional. I could only imagine if Kris Bryant was a White Sox and they had him play CF. I guess Joe Maddon must be a big dope.

Fowler is hurt, Coghlan doesn't hit LHP, but not sure why Denorfia is in LF when he has experience in CF. Only safe assumption is that Maddon has Bryant in a fantasy league with LF/CF/RF eligibility and he is weak in center.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
Indeed.

Cubs have yet to win a series against a decent team and are a game above .500 and their fans are acting like they're a shoe in for the playoffs.

If Sale wins tonight we'll be one game worse than them and their terrific offense that includes the best infield in baseball (history).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
Fowler is hurt, Coghlan doesn't hit LHP, but not sure why Denorfia is in LF when he has experience in CF. Only safe assumption is that Maddon has Bryant in a fantasy league with LF/CF/RF eligibility and he is weak in center.

Good one. :lol:

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)

Because he played it at UC-San Diego and feels much more comfortable with the angles playing straight away, rather than a corner...hooks and slices apparently drive him crazy.

He's the one who approached Maddon about it, not the other way around.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)
Because he played it at UC-San Diego and feels much more comfortable with the angles playing straight away, rather than a corner...hooks and slices apparently drive him crazy.

He's the one who approached Maddon about it, not the other way around.

If Bryant were a White Sox, and he told Robin he wanted to play CF instead of LF, and he was then in CF, Robin would get skewered.

Edited by Dick Allen

it's busch-league NL central and it always will be. Teams have zero depth, you can't name half the #2 starters and guys like Ted Lilly, Arrieta, and Jason Hammel become good pitchers and tradeable commodities all of a sudden. Unfortunately, they really don't need much more pitching, becuase it only has to not suck completely.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
it's busch-league NL central and it always will be. Teams have zero depth, you can't name half the #2 starters and guys like Ted Lilly, Arrieta, and Jason Hammel become good pitchers and tradeable commodities all of a sudden. Unfortunately, they really don't need much more pitching, becuase it only has to not suck completely.

They do have the tradeable pieces to acquire a Hamels or Cueto though. Would be a really good rotation if they could push Arrieta to #3.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
If Bryant were a White Sox, and he told Robin he wanted to play CF instead of LF, and he was then in CF, Robin would get skewered.

Does this seriously need to be in every single thread?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)
I made an appropriate response to his reponse.

I don't know why you need to critique my posts.

Because I actually have the authority at the site to do so, and regardless of whether or not I disagree, "does this seriously need to be put in every thread" is a fair reply at this point.

Not every topic needs to be a discussion/defense of Robin Ventura. It's getting tiresome.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
Because I actually have the authority at the site to do so, and regardless of whether or not I disagree, "does this seriously need to be put in every thread" is a fair reply at this point.

Not every topic needs to be a discussion/defense of Robin Ventura. It's getting tiresome.

I think blaming Robin for everything is a bit tiresome. Haven't seen you reply to the f*** you Robin crowd yet, even when they were using the r word several times. So I believe your position is a bit biased.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
I think blaming Robin for everything is a bit tiresome. Haven't seen you reply to the f*** you Robin crowd yet, even when they were using the r word several times. So I believe your position is a bit biased.

Where did this happen? Because if people call someone a R_______ that's something I'd actually want reported. I noted the posts going after Greg last night in the game thread but only because I checked the last couple pages after I woke up to see what had happened, and you can see that we weren't happy about that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 11:57 AM)

Actually there is an entire thread that was posted just today about this kind of stuff. These type of posts serve no purpose other than to antagonize the majority of the site that doesn't agree with you, and you know this. Quit looking to point the finger at someone else and just stop it.

And to make the point of how monumental this post is, this is me, backing up Balta.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
Actually there is an entire thread that was posted just today about this kind of stuff. These type of posts serve no purpose other than to antagonize the majority of the site that doesn't agree with you, and you know this. Quit looking to point the finger at someone else and just stop it.

And to make the point of how monumental this post is, this is me, backing up Balta.

Are you saying it is OK to blast Robin because the majority of the site incorrectly blames him for everything? Just look at what was posted. I did nothing wrong.