2015 AL Central Thread

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
I would have never guessed that a few years after the trade that Iglesias would be a better hitter than Avi.

If you look at all his minor league numbers, you'd come to conclusion that it would be amazing if he could put together a 625-650 OPS at the major league level.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
I would have never guessed that a few years after the trade that Iglesias would be a better hitter than Avi.

i would never have guessed that this conclusion could be drawn after both of them missed basically the entire year last year

The KC bullpen was mortal in that game....F. Morales gave up a run (and all of Ventura's inherited runners) and Madson's just not the same pitcher as 3-4 years ago before all his injuries. Throwing 92 MPH meatballs.

They just brought up Finnegan (who struggled as well the night before), and Hochevar/Medlen are going to be the big additions in the near future.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
Except the Rangers and Royals have been first in hbp all season long....since opening day.

That's my point. They will be hit when they have been headhunting and Ventura (Royals) started it opening day with the Sox. The Royals will be leading in hbp all season if they keep it up. If they would hit players in the hip, other teams would not hit them as often. When you throw at the head, even if you don't always hit them, you will be hit more.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
Kansas City Royals ‏@Royals 45m45 minutes ago

#Royals Kelvin Herrera's appeal has been heard, and his suspension has been reduced to 6 games. He will begin serving the suspension today

Herrera has been struggling a bit and Holland's back soon, so not a huge deal.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/sort/WARBR/order/true

Lorenzo Cain leading MLB in WAR. Dee Gordon, Vogt and Joc Pederson also off to amazing/surprising starts.

As for CLE, Kluber getting beaten up for the 7th time in 7 starts this season....one year wonder? Indians, mirroring the Sox, already have 2 errors in the game.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 8, 2015 -> 04:11 AM)
The Twins are 3 games above .500 for the first time since 2010.

Thats insane.

Without Erwin Santana and Phil Hughes struggling health-wise...and zero Mauer homers.

Btw, Kyle Gibson owns the Royals and is pedestrian against the rest of the AL.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2015 -> 07:53 AM)
Btw, Kyle Gibson owns the Royals and is pedestrian against the rest of the AL.

I know wins and losses are not the end-all-be-all stat, but Gibson's ERA splits between "win" and "loss" are amazing

in Wins 18-0 ERA 1.42

in Losses 0-18 ERA 10.47

in No Dec. (11games) 0-0 ERA 3.36

Edited by Benchwarmerjim

QUOTE (flavum @ May 8, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
Jason Vargas- DL

Looking like Tommy John is a possibility.

They really should have re-signed Shields. I think that rotation and extra work on the bullpen might cost them come August & September.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 8, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
I think all his shenanigans might have tsken the air out of YVentura's sails. He is getting battered around again. He may need to be an asshole to be good.

You jinxed David Price. The only other way to stop him was blizzard-like conditions where he couldnt even feel his hand.