White Sox still deciding on what to do

Whisox05

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
the chance of laroche going to another team is like the chances of RV managing the sox .....

seriously i am not being a smartass.

Wait what? The way you worded it makes it seem like there's 100% chance of LaRoche going to another team like there is a 100% chance of Robin managing the Sox.

Edited by soxfan2014

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
I think we can move LaRoche if we eat some money or all. I want him gone so we can move Melky to DH. Trayce Eaton CarGo. Or any rotation of OFs you want to do. Eaton Trayce CarGo.

Just a theory but the Sox might not have to eat too much salary since one year of LaRoche (13M) saves Colorado 24M by not paying CarGo (37M) for the next two years. Colorado gets a 1B in LaRoche to buy McMahon time to likely become the 1B after the '16 season. Colorado also gets Montas + in the deal. Not sure who the + is but a low level prospect might work.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
I like this idea.

*slow clap*

Thank you sir. It's just a theory and I'm really not counting on it, more wishful thinking on my part.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
Just a theory but the Sox might not have to eat too much salary since one year of LaRoche (13M) saves Colorado 24M by not paying CarGo (37M) for the next two years. Colorado gets a 1B in LaRoche to buy McMahon time to likely become the 1B after the '16 season. Colorado also gets Montas + in the deal. Not sure who the + is but a low level prospect might work.

Thank you sir. It's just a theory and I'm really not counting on it, more wishful thinking on my part.

I love any idea that moves Laroche, because it allows the Sox to move Melky to DH, which I believe is a necessity. But there is virtually no chance of acquiring Cargo in a deal involving LaRoche. Zero. Hope I am wrong, but the I bet the Rockies have gotten better offers than that, and regularly.

Getting rid of LaRoche and DHing Melky makes us better defensively just by that alone. I honestly think Avi could intrigue a team like COL because of their park.

I'm hoping for a Montas, LaRoche, Avi for CarGo and maybe stealing McMahon by adding another prospect.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
Getting rid of LaRoche and DHing Melky makes us better defensively just by that alone. I honestly think Avi could intrigue a team like COL because of their park.

I'm hoping for a Montas, LaRoche, Avi for CarGo and maybe stealing McMahon by adding another prospect.

I literally just proposed this on the last page lol.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
Asked the guy that started the CarGo Sox rumors of there was anything going on. He replied with this:

@gastelumcharlie: nothing so far, maybe at WM, but heard from a @Cubs coach that @whitesox asking about Russell or Báez for Quintana rumors

Ignoring the merits of such a deal, Quintana is probably my favorite Sox player right now, and I will root for him wherever he goes if we trade him, but man it would really suck to see him in red and blue.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
Ignoring the merits of such a deal, Quintana is probably my favorite Sox player right now, and I will root for him wherever he goes if we trade him, but man it would really suck to see him in red and blue.

Agreed, but seeing Addison Russell as the White Sox shortstop for the foreseeable future would be pretty sweet too.

Thanks to the FA contracts starting pitchers are getting, the combination of Q's contract and performance make him extremely valuable. For me, talks with the cubs start with Schwarber + one of Russell or Baez and I would try and squeeze Vogelbach from them too. If the Cubs agreed, I would turn LaRoche into a bench bat and personal 1B coach to Schwarber during practices. Schwarber is plenty young enough to learn the 1B position. While he's learning he can be the DH and spell Abreu from time to time.

This is interesting in that the teams do match up very well for a trade. I still doubt they would actually pull a blockbuster but both teams are desperate in their own ways.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
You rank Russell and Baez ahead of Schwarber? Interesting.

Russell >> Schwarber, I'd be pissed if we traded Q for Schwarber, Russell I'd probably be happy with, though I think we might actually have to throw in a prospect to get it done. No way we get Russell and someone else.

Edited by OmarComing25

Not sure if this has been talked about, but according to Rosenthal the Dodgers offered up Joc Pederson for Shelby Miller. Miller is Arb eligible the next 2 years, so I'm not sure how that compares to Qs contract, but if Atl doesn't wanna do that deal I would love to step in and offer them Q for Joc.

Pairing Jose and Joc as a R/L 3/4 combo would be awesome.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
Not sure if this has been talked about, but according to Rosenthal the Dodgers offered up Joc Pederson for Shelby Miller. Miller is Arb eligible the next 2 years, so I'm not sure how that compares to Qs contract, but if Atl doesn't wanna do that deal I would love to step in and offer them Q for Joc.

Pairing Jose and Joc as a R/L 3/4 combo would be awesome.

I've always thought we matched up well with them.