202 Santiago Casilla, SF RP

219 Brandon Finnegan, Cin RP

222 Justin Turner, LAD 3B

239 Rich Hill, Oak SP

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to email to get keepers, but got no response. I believe that the draft was autodrafted as well.

According to the manager page, they haven't been on the site since after Valnetine's Day.

Eliminate him.

EATON PUJOLS

2 Giancarlo Stanton, Mia OF K

12 Buster Posey, SF C K

22 Jake Arrieta, ChC SP

39 Miguel Sano, Min DH

42 Kyle Seager, Sea 3B

59 Corey Seager, LAD SS

62 Kenley Jansen, LAD RP

79 Albert Pujols, LAA 1B

82 Francisco Lindor, Cle SS

99 Kolten Wong, StL 2B

102 Adam Eaton, CWS OF

119 Jose Quintana, CWS SP

122 Michael Wacha, StL SP

139 Yordano Ventura, KC SP

142 Kenta Maeda, LAD SP

159 Curtis Granderson, NYM OF

162 Gio Gonzalez, Wsh SP

179 Patrick Corbin, Ari SP

182 Carlos Rodon, CWS SP

199 Byron Buxton, Min OF

202 Santiago Casilla, SF RP

219 Brandon Finnegan, Cin RP

222 Justin Turner, LAD 3B

239 Rich Hill, Oak SP

As noted above, really hate taking Posey @ 12 overall. Much better players are available there.

Did you pick Stanton @ number 2 overall? Over Trout/Harper/Goldschmidt?

Sano and Seager were also drafted earlier than i'd expect them to be.

Not a big fan of the Jansen pick or the Lindor pick.

The rest of your draft seems to be filled with solid guys and sleepers which is nice. Although, where's your other RP's? Casilla and Jansen is all?

Deff. not a big fan of the start of your draft tho, especially if you choose to draft stanton over one of Trout/Harper/Goldschmidt.

Like my team I just drafted.

C S. Pérez KC - C

1B J. Votto Cin - 1B

2B J. Altuve Hou - 2B

3B N. Arenado Col - 3B

SS T. Tulowitzki Tor - SS

OF N. Cruz Sea - OF

OF A. Jones Bal - OF

OF M. Kemp SD - OF

Util D. Ortiz Bos - 1B

SP C. Kluber Cle - SP

SP N. Syndergaard NYM - SP

SP S. Matz NYM - SP

RP H. Street LAA - RP

RP S. Casilla SF - RP

RP A. Vizcaíno Atl - RP

P M. Pineda NYY - SP

P H. Iwakuma Sea - SP

P A. Sánchez Tor - SP,RP

12-team H2H 5-keeper league with two Util spots and owners who all seriously overdraft starting pitching, which I attempted to react to this year by focusing less on my pitching staff and more on lots and lots of power.

C Buster Posey

1 Freddie Freeman

2 Brian Dozier

3 Todd Frazier (K)

S Marcus Semien

O Starling Marte

O Justin Upton

O Lorenzo Cain (K)

U Albert Pujols

U Kolten Wong (K)

B Curtis Granderson

B Brock Holt

S Jose Fernandez (K)

S James Shields

S Hisashi Iwakuma

S Yordano Ventura

S Shelby Miller (K)

R Ken Giles

R Glen Perkins

S Anibal Sanchez

S Kris Medlen

S Jimmy Nelson

S Rich Hill

R Brad Ziegler

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
I can't draft a catcher that high.

It feels like a waste.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
Eliminate him.

As noted above, really hate taking Posey @ 12 overall. Much better players are available there.

Did you pick Stanton @ number 2 overall? Over Trout/Harper/Goldschmidt?

Sano and Seager were also drafted earlier than i'd expect them to be.

Not a big fan of the Jansen pick or the Lindor pick.

The rest of your draft seems to be filled with solid guys and sleepers which is nice. Although, where's your other RP's? Casilla and Jansen is all?

Deff. not a big fan of the start of your draft tho, especially if you choose to draft stanton over one of Trout/Harper/Goldschmidt.

Each team had 2 keepers, I kept Stanton and Posey, and the way it works on ESPN is that it autodrafts them as your first 2 picks of the draft. My first "real" pick was Arrieta, which was the 2nd "real" pick of the draft. I had a pool of Arrieta, Abreu, Gordon, Machado, Bautista, Harvey, Votto, Kluber, Davis, DeGrom to pick from. I felt like Arrieta was the best of those. I never had access to Trout, Harper, Goldschmidt, Kershaw, Sale, Price, or pretty much any of the top 20 players in baseball, which is why I was surprised I got Arrieta.

• 2 weeks later...

Just offered someone this trade....

Jake Arrieta and Bryon Buxton/Kolten Wong (his choice)

for

Stephen Strasburg and Jose Altuve

I've been trying to move Jake since I drafted him. I love Altuve, my offense has been horrendous, and I like Strasburg in a contract year. Plus, he's a Cubs fan, so I think he would love to have Arrieta.

I need some advice guys. I am in a 20 team dynasty league and I currently have both Bryant and Harper. I currently have this offer out there for Bryant:

Nomar Mazara, Corey Dickerson, and Taijuan Walker for Bryant..

My only LF on my roster is Cespedes on a 1 year deal so Dickerson would give me some more options and replace Bryant's bat unless Mazara is here to stay. My SP consists of: Quintana, Liriano, Wood, Aaron Sanchez, Jake Odorizzi, Garrett Richards, Niese, and Estrada. My 3B would be Frazier at this point.

What do you guys think?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
I need some advice guys. I am in a 20 team dynasty league and I currently have both Bryant and Harper. I currently have this offer out there for Bryant:

My only LF on my roster is Cespedes on a 1 year deal so Dickerson would give me some more options and replace Bryant's bat unless Mazara is here to stay. My SP consists of: Quintana, Liriano, Wood, Aaron Sanchez, Jake Odorizzi, Garrett Richards, Niese, and Estrada. My 3B would be Frazier at this point.

What do you guys think?

If I could get good value for Bryant I'd be selling because of that absurd batted ball luck from last year, especially with Frazier backing him up.

Guy in my league is looking to unload closers. Should I offer Freddie Freeman for Aroldis Chapman (who comes back in early May) or is that an overpay? I don't want to give up on Freeman because his peripherals are fine, but my closing situation is real bad with Perkins' injury and Ken Giles pitching his way out of the saves conversation in Houston. Have Pujols for 1B as well.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
That is what I am trying to do but not sure if the offer he has given is enough

I don't know your league's rules but my gut says you need more, although I don't think you're getting robbed or anything. Not sure about Dickerson post-Coors.

Also depends on your goals this year vs. future. You're giving up the best player.

I don't know I don't know. Please don't rely on my advice, that's too much pressure. :P

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
I don't know your league's rules but my gut says you need more, although I don't think you're getting robbed or anything. Not sure about Dickerson post-Coors.

Also depends on your goals this year vs. future. You're giving up the best player.

I don't know I don't know. Please don't rely on my advice, that's too much pressure. :P

We are a salary based league so in a couple years once Harper and Bryant both have huge contracts I probably won't be able to afford them anyways and I have a ton of power up and down my line up (Frazier, Cruz, Reddick, Cespedes, Morales, Kinsler, Harper) so I am trying to get the most for Bryant as I can. The one piece that I am up in the air about is Walker, I don't know how good he will actually be because he has kind of struggled so far but he is still so young.

I want to trade Bryant but I also don't want to look like a complete jackass and take less then he is worth

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 11:57 PM)

What do you guys think?

A prospect, an oft injured guy who is now away from Coors Field, and an unproven SP, for a top 10 fantasy player.

I really don't see why the person would trade Bryant for those three.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
A prospect, an oft injured guy who is now away from Coors Field, and an unproven SP, for a top 10 fantasy player.

I really don't see why the person would trade Bryant for those three.

I am trying to get Jose Fernandez instead of Walker because you are right. Just not sure how much more I can realistically get

I finally moved Arrieta.

After we AGREED upon this deal (Arrieta + Corey Seager for Syndergaard, Kinsler, and Addison Russell), he kept waffling back and forth for days, not giving me an answer or randomly changing his mind back and forth, we eventually settled on this...

I trade:

SP Jake Arrieta

SP Michael Wacha

OF Colby Rasmus (picked him up waivers this week)

I receive:

SP Noah Syndergaard

2B Ian Kinsler

1B Joey Votto

No idea why this guy decided to "throw in" Votto. I never even brought him up, as I ASSUMED he would be untouchable (Depsite a poor start). Really excited about adding Kinsler as Kolten Wong has been atrocious for me. Rasmus has been great, but I JUST got him and 4 of his 5 HR have come in 2 games, so I am banking on a couple hot games inflating his totals. Syndergaard is a step-down, but maybe not that much if he keeps racking up the Ks, and Arrieta doesn't. Really didn't want to lose Wacha, but if Votto rebounds at all, and Kinsler keeps being a top 2 2B in baseball, I will have come out very very good in this deal, I believe.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 23, 2016 -> 12:07 AM)
I finally moved Arrieta.

After we AGREED upon this deal (Arrieta + Corey Seager for Syndergaard, Kinsler, and Addison Russell), he kept waffling back and forth for days, not giving me an answer or randomly changing his mind back and forth, we eventually settled on this...

I trade:

SP Jake Arrieta

SP Michael Wacha

OF Colby Rasmus (picked him up waivers this week)

I receive:

SP Noah Syndergaard

2B Ian Kinsler

1B Joey Votto

No idea why this guy decided to "throw in" Votto. I never even brought him up, as I ASSUMED he would be untouchable (Depsite a poor start). Really excited about adding Kinsler as Kolten Wong has been atrocious for me. Rasmus has been great, but I JUST got him and 4 of his 5 HR have come in 2 games, so I am banking on a couple hot games inflating his totals. Syndergaard is a step-down, but maybe not that much if he keeps racking up the Ks, and Arrieta doesn't. Really didn't want to lose Wacha, but if Votto rebounds at all, and Kinsler keeps being a top 2 2B in baseball, I will have come out very very good in this deal, I believe.

That's a great trade for you. I can't believe he'd just throw in Votto.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 23, 2016 -> 12:30 AM)
That's a great trade for you. I can't believe he'd just throw in Votto.

This guy is all over the place in terms of how he values his guys. Earlier in the year I was trying to get Scherzer + someone for Arrieta. He told me he wouldn't even do Scherzer for Arrieta straight up because "They aren't even on the same level". Then he decides that Joey Votto is worthless. :huh:

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 23, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
I think you would have lost that trade had it not been for the votto addition. Adding Votto makes this trade a killing for you. Nice going.

I would have gotten a 3rd player, just didn't anticipate it being Votto. Was going to try for CarGo, Addison Russell, or Calhoun.