2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 08:10 AM)
Kane (USA) and Panarin (RUS) to play in World Championships.

Awesome for USA hockey that Kane is going. He'll probably be the captain as well.

I never want to hear the "no team has played more hockey since 2009" excuse anymore

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2017 -> 04:11 PM)
Two straight first round losses, I kind of feel like the dynasty is ending. Sure they will be good, but peak Blackhawks is probably done.

That's nuts. They lost in 7 games last season to a team that was very good. It was an incredible series. They had the best record in the west this season. It's not like they missed the playoffs.

They also have young talent in the wings.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
Bowman throwing the D under the bus today as well as talking about moving core players. Hopefully that's Seabs.

Between the contract and his no movement clause, that's not gonna be easy. Same with most of the older core players. My concern is that they will have to trade a young guy like Hartman in order to move a Seabrook. Kind of like the Bickell and Teuvo deal

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 09:45 AM)
That's nuts. They lost in 7 games last season to a team that was very good. It was an incredible series. They had the best record in the west this season. It's not like they missed the playoffs.

They also have young talent in the wings.

I don't expect another Cup for sure.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 01:12 PM)
Toews said he wasn't happy with his health this season and will change his training techniques this offseason.

He mentioned "speed" often. I wonder if his back injury got him a tad out of shape

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 09:48 AM)
Bowman throwing the D under the bus today as well as talking about moving core players. Hopefully that's Seabs.

Toews not untouchable anymore and moving him should be discussed, If return is good.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)
You guys should all hop on the "anyone but the Blues" bandwagon for my sake. Thanks.

Always

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 04:09 PM)
I don't know, Darling is going to get paid by someone (maybe Vegas?) so I'm not sure where that leaves the Hawks if they move Crawford.

Unless they keep Darling for $4m/year, trade Crawford and save $2m

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 02:03 PM)
Toews not untouchable anymore and moving him should be discussed, If return is good.

GTFOH

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)
There aren't many coaches in sports that truly know how to keep a team hungry that was been as successful as this franchise.

I don't think it's time for Q to go, but maybe this was a wake up call for the organization, some bigger things need to change.

There also is no better coach out there. So a downgrade at that spot isnt ideal.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 02:03 PM)

If you can tell me who can fit $10.5 million in cap space AND give back superstar potential, I will listen. Otherwise? Pointless.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 05:12 PM)
There aren't many coaches in sports that truly know how to keep a team hungry that was been as successful as this franchise.

I don't think it's time for Q to go, but maybe this was a wake up call for the organization, some bigger things need to change.

Hopefully Q has a lifetime handshake contract. Arguably he's one of the greatest coaches in Chicago sports history, probably second behind Phil.

Mike Kitchen is your first scapegoat of the great Sweep of 2017

Mark Lazerus‏@MarkLazerus 4m4 minutes ago

#Blackhawks fire assistant coach Mike Kitchen.

Mark Lazerus‏ @MarkLazerus 4m4 minutes ago

Bowman: "We believe this decision is best for our organization moving forward."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 11:55 AM)
Mike Kitchen is your first scapegoat of the great Sweep of 2017

Mark Lazerus‏@MarkLazerus 4m4 minutes ago

#Blackhawks fire assistant coach Mike Kitchen.

Mark Lazerus‏ @MarkLazerus 4m4 minutes ago

Bowman: "We believe this decision is best for our organization moving forward."

Probably deserved. Blackhawks seem to always struggle in special teams.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 22, 2017 -> 09:37 PM)
Hopefully Q has a lifetime handshake contract. Arguably he's one of the greatest coaches in Chicago sports history, probably second behind Phil.

The only way he gets let go is if he refuses to play a guy Bowman wants. Like, if he were to not play DeBrincat when he's ready. I don't see that happening, but that would be the thing. Call it "irreconcilable differences"

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 07:45 PM)
It may have been a calculated move by Bowman to piss off Q. Maybe everyone got a little too comfortable over there.

If Q wasn't already furious with this postseason performance, I applaud Bowman for doing this. Q should be mad. Bowman is furious.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 24, 2017 -> 07:45 PM)
It may have been a calculated move by Bowman to piss off Q. Maybe everyone got a little too comfortable over there.

Kitchen was living on the performance of his D men since his PK was dogs***. When the D imploded that was it. Need some fresh eyes.