White Sox vs. Twins

Heads22

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping to win one of the last two and get things going in KC. Not putting a-lot of faith in Richard tonight at Minnesota, nothing against Richard as I have nothing to go by.

The thing is losing in Minnesota is fine. Getting your tits lit up by the Royals (1-3 in the last 4) is unacceptable. The Sox will have played the Royals in 12 of 32 games on August 14th. That is the team they need to beat and beat soundly.

Win one of the next three and go from there. The Twins have a killer road trip but they do get the Mariners a ton...

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:51 PM)
I think Richard is probably going to look like a guy making just his second start in the bigs.Yeah...hes gonna get rocked tonight.

Agree to disagree. Ive seen him pitch a couple times this year in the minors. Hes got great stuff, and great head. He had decent stuff against texas (7 k's) and they are a great hitting team. Im seeing 6 innings 2 or 3 runs. He will keep us in the game.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 09:30 AM)
Agree to disagree. Ive seen him pitch a couple times this year in the minors. Hes got great stuff, and great head. He had decent stuff against texas (7 k's) and they are a great hitting team. Im seeing 6 innings 2 or 3 runs. He will keep us in the game.

Thats all we need, offense needs to get going fast.

I say bat Paulie 2nd.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
I say bat Paulie 2nd.

I was wondering about this myself the other day. I wonder if a LaRussa-like move of putting PK inthe 2nd slot would help. I think it might, but the problem is, in the meantime, you put one of the slowest men in baseball with a struggling bat in the 2nd spot in the order. The team might suffer a lot while Paulie gets things back together.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
I was wondering about this myself the other day. I wonder if a LaRussa-like move of putting PK inthe 2nd slot would help. I think it might, but the problem is, in the meantime, you put one of the slowest men in baseball with a struggling bat in the 2nd spot in the order. The team might suffer a lot while Paulie gets things back together.

I don't know about batting Paulie 2nd, but he'd be taking AJs place in the lineup, so the speed factor isn't really that big of a deal.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 11:15 AM)
I don't know about batting Paulie 2nd, but he'd be taking AJs place in the lineup, so the speed factor isn't really that big of a deal.

While AJ is no speed demon, he's a lot faster than Paulie. Watch AJ run the bases. He doesn't steal many, but, he's not as slow as he's sometimes portrayed here (especially now that he lost some weight). Same with Thome. Konerko and Crede are both significantly slower on the basepaths than AJ, or even big Jim.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
At 2am after a night out at the bars, Perkins can't be beat. But at 7pm, its just a lame choice for dinner. Therefore, I think Perkins at 7pm tonight will be very beatable.

I never thought of it that way. :unsure: :lol:

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)
Paulie should hit no higher than 7th IMO.

I would agree. He needs to have less pressure placed on him right now plus batting second only makes sense if you are making contact and producing and have a bit of speed ( or two out of the three anyway)

Edited by elrockinMT

The earthquake is making national news. How bad was it? What's it like to be in an earthquake? On paper, today's game is a massive blowout for the Twins. Hopefully that means we'll win. If they keep kicking our ass, this is a bad sign. The Yankees beat the s*** out of Minnesota just last week. The Twins are not THAT good. If they sweep us or win 3-4 it does say something negative about our team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
The earthquake is making national news. How bad was it? What's it like to be in an earthquake? On paper, today's game is a massive blowout for the Twins. Hopefully that means we'll win. If they keep kicking our ass, this is a bad sign. The Yankees beat the s*** out of Minnesota just last week. The Twins are not THAT good. If they sweep us or win 3-4 it does say something negative about our team.

5.8 according to the USGS

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recent.../ci14383980.php

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
If they keep kicking our ass, this is a bad sign. The Twins are not THAT good. If they sweep us or win 3-4 it does say something negative about our team.

That it's f***ing hard to win in Minnesota? What does it say about the Twins that we swept them in a 4 game series back in June?

The Yankees beat the s*** out of Minnesota just last week.

In New York which is not located in Minnesota and where the Yankees hadn't lost in 10 games coming into last night.

So we can't be expected to split with the Twins just because it's in Minnesota? I'm saying if they beat us 3 of 4 or 4-4 it says something negative about our team at this stage of the season when the Sox know it's sort of a "statement" series. Yes it's tough to win in Minnie. We need to win 2 of these games.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
On paper, today's game is a massive blowout for the Twins. Hopefully that means we'll win. If they keep kicking our ass, this is a bad sign.

Actually Vegas gives the Twins the home field edge and that is it -120 not nearly as big as I would have guessed.

Using last night as a guide the game was even and the cubs were +160.

Maybe there is a chance after all. I trust Vegas over all other experts as they put their money where their mouth is.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 09:30 AM)

"Hes got great stuff, and great head."

I'll never be able to look at him the same way.