What are the odds that Avi is still here in 2017?

balfanman

This poor excuse for a baseball management "team" couldn't possibly entertain any thoughts of going on with Avisail Garcia anywhere near this organization in 2017 could they?

I try not to be one who overreacts much, but gee, I would of cut him immediately after this game!

I don't believe that he alone cost the White Sox this game, it's that he represents what's wrong with this team as a whole. No freaking fundamentals.

:angry:

I'm going to be hard-pressed to support this franchise if Avi is back in any meaningful role. He's been below replacement level four years in a row, it would be an utter slap in the face to our fanbase to trot him back out there for another season. Having said that, I seriously doubt he's on the roster next year. I think it's far more likely they hand Tilson the CF job, which would also be a complete joke.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 05:10 PM)
I'm going to be hard-pressed to support this franchise if Avi is back in any meaningful role. He's been below replacement level four years in a row, it would be an utter slap in the face to our fanbase to trot him back out there for another season. Having said that, I seriously doubt he's on the roster next year. I think it's far more likely they hand Tilson the CF job, which would also be a complete joke.

I agree!

Ask me after September. They have been trying to replace the guy for a year now, and every time they think they do, something else happens and he works back into the line up. I know they are working on the whole "launch angle" thing, and there is always a small chance that yields results, but the odds have to be pretty small.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 04:58 PM)
Ask me after September. They have been trying to replace the guy for a year now, and every time they think they do, something else happens and he works back into the line up. I know they are working on the whole "launch angle" thing, and there is always a small chance that yields results, but the odds have to be pretty small.

At this point, it's almost as likely they would get the same results from Hawkins or Tebow.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 05:58 PM)

Why continue to play him. It's call up season so play coats or a few other guys. I know Hahn and Williams aren't really interested in this players but maybe one will have a good September and Hahn can throw him in the package for the inevitable trade for a veteran.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 06:33 PM)
Why continue to play him. It's call up season so play coats or a few other guys. I know Hahn and Williams aren't really interested in this players but maybe one will have a good September and Hahn can throw him in the package for the inevitable trade for a veteran.

Because he has more ceiling than anyone else that would be called up right now, and we are out of it. It isn't like we are playing to win anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 05:58 PM)

As much as I can't stand this organization right now, I do agree with this. They have been trying to replace him and something always comes up, I don't see him back next season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
Because he has more ceiling than anyone else that would be called up right now, and we are out of it. It isn't like we are playing to win anyway.

This I don't agree with. The dude has no ceiling at this point.

I think Avi has looked better at the plate lately... but defensively he is nothing.

As disappointing as he has been...

The bullpen has destroyed us this year.... utterly.

Our greatest hitter didn't start hitting until august...

Frazier hitting .208...

Then you add the injuries and a manager who never had the it factor... and you have a 63-69 team

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 07:26 PM)
I think Avi has looked better at the plate lately... but defensively he is nothing.

As disappointing as he has been...

Our greatest hitter didn't start hitting until august...

Frazier hitting .208...

Then you add the injuries and a manager who never had the it factor... and you have a 63-69 team

He went through a nice streak early in the season too but he'll regress back to being what he is. You still look at his overall hitting stats and he's just garbage. He's just an awful, awful baseball player.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
As much as I can't stand this organization right now, I do agree with this. They have been trying to replace him and something always comes up, I don't see him back next season.

This I don't agree with. The dude has no ceiling at this point.

Its all relative. I mean who else is there right now? Shuck sucks. Coats isn't exactly a premium player either, and isn't on the roster at this point anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 07:33 PM)
Its all relative. I mean who else is there right now? Shuck sucks. Coats isn't exactly a premium player either, and isn't on the roster at this point anyway.

That's definitely fair. I just don't care at all to see Avi anymore, ever.

QUOTE (harkness @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 12:26 AM)

The bullpen destroys us every year. Some of the moves look good on paper, but the relievers always blow chunks. My gawd, it's not that difficult. You win with defense and pitching. We have decent starting pitchers who rarely go 7 innings and a PATHETIC bullpen always. And our defense and team speed is nothing to write home about.

QUOTE (Coach @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 06:07 AM)
I did not see the game yesterday. What happened with Avi?

Anyone?

Showed his lack of fundamentals ( none actually ) and lacksidaisical attitude on the sacrifice fly that brought in the winning run for Detroit in the bottom of the 9th.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
he caught the ball, couldn't get a handle on it and pretty much threw it straight into the ground. would've taken a great through to nail him.

No.

Bernstein said yesterday (with help from Scott from Davenport) that there have been 238 fly balls (of 200 feet or less) to left this season with a runner on 3rd base. Only 6 of those runners have scored. After yesterday, that number is up to 7.

It was a terrible setup, it was an even more terrible throw, but it wasnt a herculean feat to get that ball home.