Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. I vote anyone that voted "No, the Sox miss the playoffs" isn't allowed to make a playoff game thread.
  3. The rudest interaction I ever had at Soxfest was with the Chairman of the Board himself. What a grouch.
  4. If Will insists on an opener I'd like to see if be Hagen. Let's see what this kid is made of in a big spot. It's not like we have a ton of better options and he's been lights out this year and I don't trust Fedde to get through Yordan in the first.
  5. At least right now I kinda get it because isn't Frank suing the team? But before that it seemed like petty grudges. Same with AJ - he criticized the team and now he's on Jerry's bad side, even though AJ loved his time here and still roots for the Sox.
  6. No openers, please. Lots of relievers have struggled in that role. It's not working. Sandlin or Fedde.
  7. He was like that at Soxfest too. I remember him buying the whole Big Bar at the Hyatt a round one year, like 2002/3/4 somewhere in there.
  8. I think I'd start Fedde but honestly there isn't a great option. If Will decides to go with an opener, I really hope it isn't Hudson. He's really struggled in that role.
  9. Eh... it lack it's luster for me with us starting our 3rd string QB. The defense really has to step up tonight. I'm not banking on Case Keenum to have the game of his life.
  10. It's kind of weird with Frank how the organization seems to hate him. KW let him have it back in the day. I used to go to at least one road series a year, and several times I stayed at the team hotel. With the fans, there was no player better than Frank. He signed every autograph. Smiled and was pleasant with everyone. Took pictures with everyone. Usually if the front office hates you, your fan interaction is probably horrible. But for a 1st ballot HOFer, his was always outstanding from what I saw.
  11. They’ll need to still include Grichuk in the lineup! But I fear Venable will let him and his hot bat rot on the bench.
  12. Insane that I have no care about this game with playoff baseball still hanging around.
  13. caulfield12 — The International Man of SoxTalkCaulfield is another massive-volume, deeply knowledgeable, weirdly wide-ranging poster. His posts frequently go beyond the Sox into international baseball, ownership, economics, politics, overseas life, etc. He is also prolific enough that Greg recently called him “in the running for board MVP.” He's also part of the forum's meta-lore. There's an old thread specifically discussing which SoxTalk posters could theoretically have their own talk shows, and caulfield himself starts casting various posters in different roles. His particular superpower is: Nobody asked for a 700-word explanation of the implications of something. Caulfield has already written it. And there will probably be a reference to something happening in Europe. SoxTalk role: The guy who somehow knows the political situation in Finland, the ownership structure of the Twins, and what happened to a 2004 White Sox prospect.
  14. Sandlin v bullpen date. Will's head is spinning on how to best deploy his splits.
  15. There's no doubt some of his posts have been used for AI training.
  16. I mean Caulfield is the original AI. Oh you have some interest in this topic? Here are 47 related stories to it!
  17. I never looked at the names that didn’t believe! ET TU, TRAY?!?!?? Ohhhh dios mio. I’m glad the Sox made it and I’m sure you are too
  18. Whoever started it yesterday. Edit: oh f***. It's @ron883
  19. Today

  20. biggest question, who starts the gamethread? do we have stats on who won the most?
  21. I am comfortable stating that would never happen, he is far too much of a cubs fan boy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.