Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Say what you want about nerdy/corny Benetti but he was: a true Sox fan, it wasn't forced appreciative of franchise history/legends more knowledgeable about baseball in general... not too close to certain members of the team, so ultimately more objective not as much a pawn/loyal cheerleader for the front office
  3. I would like a PBP person to at least have a handle on some underlying nuance that an ex-player, or person who's been around the game a while would possess. I'm tired of the example of "do you give him the green light?", but that's the inanity we've been putting up with in lieu of, at the very least, a boring guy calling balls and strikes. Ian and James talked on the FutureSox Podcast last night about the minor league PBP guys, and for many, there's a good reason why they're working the minor leagues. They're cookie cutter and bland. Chicago's a major market. I would imagine that with a playoff appearance, the FO will be inspired to reach for a bit of personality. Personality's a mixed bag in the current environment, tho. Social media and other message boards allow everybody an equal chance to call the guy dogshit, cringe, a brainy nerd, too glib, whatever. Any bit of inner-exposure will reveal gaffes, or opinionated content that can be parsed by various groups with bones to pick. "Hey, look, a group of girls texting!!" Lookout! Guess what surfs right at the crest of that wave and threads that needle (to mix metaphors)? Cookie cutter. It's not just "woke warriors" and the various offended complaining who make broadcasts bland. Benetti was too glib and nerdy. Schriff was abrasive, cringe and unknowledgeable. I find Gordon Beckham appropriately bland, and people act like he's horrible. Plesac "talks too much". That's his job!! And for as much as people reminisce about Harry or Hawk, each weathered over a decade of solid bitching over speech slurring, anger issues, water-carrying, anti-social behavior, attitudes, repetitiveness, drifting, whatever. Everybody gets stiffies about Ernie Harwell or Vin Skully, but we'd pick those guys apart in their prime.
  4. Knight is Schriff without the “yeah buddy” schoolboy stuff. They can do better.
  5. I like they are bringing on the respective teams color guys.
  6. I don't know where you have been, but the NFL has been on this for years.
  7. waiting for this to poison the NFL. This is why baseball is the 3rd tier in popularity. Outside of fans most of the world doesn't care about hockey. Even in success Sox fans get punished. At the same time baseball exceeds the other sports listening on the radio.
  8. Stone has been a Chicago fixture for almost 50 years but I feel he is real hard to work with. That game with Bob Costas was terrible
  9. It caught everyone off guard. The only exception might have been the Brewers manager after the 2nd game of the season - you know that guy who replaced the almighty Counsel
  10. That is what we do. We can all wear that hat and shirt, we need to wear a helmet to avoid our kneejerk reactions to avoid that concussion that brings baseball stupidity and the mental illness of trade frenzy. I can't wait for the reactions about the team that wasn't meant to be in the playoffs are now there. Treat it like a Cinderella team.
  11. It is nuts................were games really matter you want to play guys at different positions. I'll take Colson's range and height at SS over Meidroth. having a guy adjust to the OF, now put him back for a short series. It reminds of that one guy who was a set up man and thought he could be a closer. Interesting that every Sox forum you go to is now all about Montgomery. Try not to choke on those cherries we pick. We will continue to find ways to make failures all about him. I guess no one realized this is the only baseball team in the playoffs that doesn't have real starting rotation.
  12. Going up against 3 righties (if they go 3). Going to need Mune and Colson to run into some stuff. That is a bit worrisome, especially with Colson lately.
  13. Sox. Astros. Tuesday. 4 PM. On the COCK!
  14. Well, I think it makes sense not to mix the two systems by re-seeding. If it's all about record, need to play a balanced schedule (which I would hate as I live on the east coast). Otherwise, have to treat winning a division like it's better than failing to win a division. This system will help the Sox more than it hurts them. FWIW, home field advantage in baseball is very small. Home teams win about 54% of the time in the regular season, more like 52% in the playoffs.
  15. Its never going to be perfect. Unless you get rid of divisions, stuff like this will happen. The alternative is AL East teams generally dominating the postseason discussion every year. This is much better.
  16. Today

  17. A Division winner whose record is not as good as the last Wild Card, some changes are needed.
  18. I believe it came from a few competing interests: Didn't want a one-game playoff anymore for competitive reasons (too much randomness in the outcome of a single game) Players did not want to reduce the number of regular season games MLB did not want the postseason to end any later in the calendar year (supposedly the TV partners are ready to move on to other programming by late fall, plus the weather gets cold in some markets) So 3 games was the shortest way to go beyond a single game and by playing them all in one place, you don't have to add a travel day. I'm sure rewarding the division winner with a significant home field advantage was a motivation too.
  19. I will believe it when I see it, and with the off season we have in store, who knows when that will be.
  20. Game 1, 5 p.m. ET Tuesday (PCK/NBCSN): David Sandlin (CWS) vs. Peter Lambert (HOU) Game 2 5 p.m. ET Wednesday (PCK/NBCSN): Sean Burke (CWS) vs. Hunter Brown (HOU) Game 3, TBD*: Davis Martin (CWS) vs. Hayden Wesneski (HOU) (*if necessary)
  21. Maybe he should get his eyes checked/wear glasses
  22. Streaming on Peacock.
  23. I feel like his enthusiasm is so forced it is uncomfortable! Not to mention his "enthusiasm" that falls very flat on "crushed" flyballs are caught 15 feet short of the warning track.
  24. "The 2026 White Sox won just 84 games, but did so in front of fans that reasoned 75 victories was an aspirational goal, and repaid the overage in enthusiasm. Could they have won more? They certainly thought so, and rue an early-September slide that cost them a division title. They also had 11 walk-off victories, were often stringing together pitching plans that would have made MacGyver nervous, and no team that’s tied itself spiritually to the papacy the way these Sox have can consider themselves starved of blessings." Fegan csuntimes
  25. The participants didn’t change. Unfortunately…we’re going to Houston. Just score early and often.
  26. One interesting thing I’ve noticed is that lately when Colson gets “his pitch” in an AB he absolutely crushes it….about 10 rows foul into the right field corner. He’s had about 5-10 of those swings lately that would have been home runs if he had been a tenth of a second later on the ball. The power is still there. He’s still getting killed on breaking balls and changes in and out of the zone. He’s just not seeing the ball very well out of the pitchers hand for some reason. he went 4 for his last 59 with 1 double and 0 homers. It’s easily the worst slump of his career. I think you give him game 1 but if he doesn’t get on base, I start someone else in game 2.
  27. I got used to Schriff. He suffered through 2024 and 25 with us. He messes up a lot for sure, but his enthusiasm makes him a homer and I like that in our local Sox announcer. I never thought I would approve of him getting a new contract, but I could live it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.