All Activity
Past hour
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
They have been on fumes for months now.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
So, I remember back when Sox got into the playoffs in 92 and did sort of a whiteout and everyone was swinging around white towels and Sox, and Ozzie in specific complained about it because it was hard to pick up the ball against the white moving background
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
It really is an odd flex. It's a unifying tradition meant to be fun. Assigning a statistical value to it is odd.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
If we gave up on things because of our record, the Sox would have zero traditions left.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Soxtalk was about 85% for it, very unscientifically.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
There's a lot of bizarre gatekeeping going on over the course of this thread. Who qualifies as a real Sox fan? Someone who is South Side enough? Does that mean only people who live south of Cermak? Who should be the owner of the Sox after Jerry is gone? Certainly not a billionaire who wants to invest heavily on this team because that makes him arrogant. Sure, people can honestly say that they like the current park and want the Sox to stay there (or at least at the site). But, from a business perspective, it shouldn't shock anyone that both Reinsdorf and Ishbia believe that the team has a higher ceiling and better ability to compete as a big market team at a South Loop ballpark. Just look at the economics around of teams around the league and why teams want stadium districts/downtown-adjacent ballparks instead of ballparks with acres of surface lots. It would be very interesting to see some sort of survey of what most Sox fans/Chicagoland residents think of the South Loop proposal if the stadium is privately financed. I bet most people are generally in favor of the idea. Perhaps a better question would be "Would you be more likely or less likely (or no difference) to attend Sox games if they built a stadium in the South Loop."
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
As fun as that would be, I dont think my heart can handle that.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I think it's pitcher-by-pitcher. I think there's reason to believe Hagen and Taylor might be...I don't see any reason to think Fedde is, though. Or Hicks. I really think so much hinges on how Hagen opens the game. If he looks like game 1 Hagen we'll be in good shape as I trust Fedde to come through as the bulk guy, and Hicks looked dynamite his last couple times out and has seen limited use.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I feel that the Sox have to score 3 or more runs in inning #1 to keep pace with the Guardians until inning #5 or 6 when the ultimate winner would take over.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I have a bad feeling the staff is completely out of gas. I hope I'm wrong.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Yeah "blackout game" kind of doesn't have the same feel during the day
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I missed yesterday's game since my computer died . chugging along on this old one . hope tonight goes well . the fans deserve it.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I don't know why but I have this feeling we walk it off tonight
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Hitters were definitely trying too hard yesterday
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Agree!!
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Pandering to the NIMBY crowd.
-
ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Ald. Lee discusses the Amtrak proposal on Fox 32.- ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Being a fan who was at the game I felt like every hitter was trying to hit a 500 foot home run and every pitcher was trying to be perfect. I do agree with your theoryToday
- ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Maybe it has been said already in this thread or elsewhere...day games should be "white-outs" and night games should be the "black-outs". I thought it looked odd yesterday...but the blackouts of past at night looked good!- ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
This is exactly how I feel. That place was packed to see the Sox win. Everyone was ready to celebrate. The players definitely felt the pressure of that. We forget this team is full of young guys that have not experienced anything like this.- ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
Oh no I remember, it was the greatest game of my life outside the world series.- ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
That’s the way I’m looking at it and also as a stepping stone to a bright future as I’m sure Getz will improve what needs to be improved as we have a pretty nice core going forward with Vargas, Meidroth, Teel, and Peters and maybe both Montgomerys and Mune. We already have a pretty solid bullpen but Hagen and Taylor could become starters next year so that might change things.- ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
The 2021 nighttime blackout was pretty special, too - its memory just got overtaken by unfortunate subsequent events.- ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland
I feel like the crowd got to our guys last night. Its like they felt the pressure of the postseason for the first time, or pressed to not disappoint the home crowd. Good experience. Hopefully they dont disappoint tonight! - “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire