Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoCalChiSox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoCalChiSox

  1. Dammit Vargas that should have been an easy out
  2. Yeah he's settled in a bit which is good to see. Hopefully we can get a couple more solid innings from him. Alot of very talented pitchers will regularly go through alot of growing pains in their first year. People need to be patient. If the knee issues aren't chronic, Schultz could easily be the ace of this staff soon.
  3. Is 1.5m enough for Santarelli?
  4. He's a streaky hitter. I'm sure some bombs are coming.
  5. Clutch hitting by Teel and Braden
  6. So maybe one more shot at Santarelli?
  7. Weingartner is a great pick for future CF candidate with that speed and arm. We have very little in our system at that spot. I like it alot
  8. We will see if they have another swing left.
  9. This is a very good explanation. Thanks for posting that. Given that Getz is into pitching and defense alot it seemed a bit weird with all these bats but yes the scarcity issue in trades is a great point that i forgot about (looking back on it, we were very fortunate to get Teel, Braden and Meidroth all in a single trade) and certainly I would never complain about another LH savage in Santarelli.
  10. Yeah I'm on the mlb website bur stream still says coming up only.
  11. We really need a good high upside prep SP bad with how the pitching pipeline has fared this year in the minors. I doubt we can get that for 1m
  12. I feel Shirley wouldn't have made those comments he did about spending today if it was just one swing but maybe I'm just wishcasting.
  13. So if we're at say 3.3 instead of 3.8, does that mean we can only take two swings (1.5m Santarelli, 1.5m prep SP, the rest college seniors) instead of three?
  14. It may have been in this thread somewhere but definitely on this site, I thought someone mentioned Roch was 10.5 and Emerson was 10, not sure who or if it's accurate but I remember reading that.
  15. Someone said Roch was 10.5 which if true is about a savings of 800k and change under slot so we might have a little less than you are projecting but who knows until we get specific figures.
  16. So does this mean Santarelli (who seems like a Wolkow type) and maybe a HS pitcher?
  17. Thanks for the info, Jimmy. What is your analysis and overall thoughts on Day 1?
  18. Is there enough money left to grab Santarelli or Contreras in the 5th?
  19. I'm hoping it's not something petty or stupid like that. On the other hand, we are the White Sox. I'm hoping maybe they didn't like his underlying metrics or something cause this is poor value. If u really want to move him or if you are planning to extend Murakami and hes blocked get a SP for him at the deadline rather than the pick.
  20. Maybe they wanted that HS pitcher at 41 and Thome at 34? This is very very bad value in this trade tho.
  21. Awful value given that relievers have wide variation in performance year to year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.