Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2013 TV Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 10:32 PM) Was it discussed in here that Hanks and Spielberg are going to be producing a 3rd series for HBO set in WWII? This one is going to be focused on the air war against Germany. I'm looking forward to this already as Band of Brothers is probably my favorite series/show that has ever been on TV and The Pacific was also fantastic. This is awesome. I own very few dvds, and own both sets (Pacific/BOB)
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 06:32 PM) Still think this offense just runs smoother when Kirk is running the point It absolutely does. All the hate on Hinrich, its no secret the Bulls went into the s***ter when Hinrich went out. Record with Hinrich starting significantly better then the record w/Nate starting. Broussard reporting that Rose is ready (based upon a source who watched his full practice on Monday). Said he looked real good and at this point it is all mental.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 02:53 PM) His children need to get their s*** together, Jeannie and Jim aren't on speaking terms and they are pretty big parts of that team ownership Jeannie should be the one running that team.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 01:44 PM) Thibodeau told @vxmcclure23 and others at #Bulls practice that DRose participated in some 5-on-5 activity for first time today at practice. - KC Johnson Freaking awesome.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
Sad day for the sports world. Buss was arguably the greatest living owner in professional sports.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 11:08 AM) Or it could tell you how much of an impact that player had in the overall popularity of the league that they do all that for his 50th birthday... Name me a player that has had MJ's impact and overall world popularity the last 25 years in the other major American sports leagues. No one is even close. Tiger Woods on golf. But that depends on your definition of major American sports. Maybe Dale Earnhardt and Nascar?
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2013 -> 02:41 PM) Minnesota out? Huge Huge win for my Hawkeyes. Keeps their miniscule playoff hopes alive. No way is Minny out at this point.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
He seems like a good guy. I wish him all the best!!!
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
Its funny how about 2 weeks ago they were reporting he was playing 5 on 5.
-
I'm a finalist for the MLB Fan Cave.
QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 06:15 PM) That's from Soxtalk's Murcie's Secret™ line. All royalties belong to me. All thongs come with a picture of Murcie modeling em. Haha.
-
I'm a finalist for the MLB Fan Cave.
QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 04:15 PM) I personally think MHizzle is forever indebted to SoxTalk & as a result needs to wear a t-shirt with a SoxTalk logo on it promoting SoxTalk whenever & wherever cameras & people & stuff are in sight. Do such shirts exist & if not can they be created for reasonable sums of money? Are you kidding me...I've already ordered his soxtalk thong...and yes...it does exist. http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+classic_thong,9777167
-
I'm a finalist for the MLB Fan Cave.
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 03:20 PM) Yeah top 30. From here it's on me to make it to New York. We'll be given a bunch of challenges, etc. If it's like last year, then 9 of us are picked. Well study up and if you need help...cheat and reach out to your fellow soxtalkers. Best of luck and kick some ass!!!
-
NBA/NFL age limits
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 04:17 PM) Our estate planning paralegal knows more than any ep attorney in our firm. Hilariously she does all of the paperwork, the attorney doesnt even look. Yet she isnt qualified because she doesnt have the time/money to go to law school. Im not sure what you mean "this is the point" as you quoted 2 different points. The first point is about the fact that there is no "public policy" concern. Regular people arent going to die because they went to a NBA game and Kwame Brown was playing. But they surely could die if a "Doctor" doesn't know what they are doing. As for the part about the NBA protecting their investment, that is exactly the point and why its completely unfair to the 18 year old. The NBA is a billion dollar corporation, it should be the one to carry the risk. Otherwise it should have to pay into an insurance fund for kids in college who get injured so that they have some money. This is a subject Ive been strongly against for like 8 years now. I really hate barriers of entry. Does it work different in Illinois? In California, she could just take the baby bar and then sit for the bar exam. No requirement to go to law school.
-
NBA/NFL age limits
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 03:27 PM) That whole argument is silly. Every industry has standards and minimum ages to be hired. Why does the NBA have to be different. I can't just declare myself a lawyer. Dookie Howser says you can be a doctor though.
-
I'm a finalist for the MLB Fan Cave.
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 02:27 PM) Before I say anything, I wanna thank everyone here at ST that helped with this. Every bit helped. And I truly appreciate it. With that being said......... I'M GOING TO ARIZONA FOR SPRING TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cripes...you won. Thats so f***ing awesome. WOHOOO!!!!
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 05:45 PM) It might. I think this is a combination of several things. 1) Derrick's camp being too cautious. 2)Reinsdorf being cautious (he did say he wanted Jordan to sit out the year he broke his leg) and 3) Rose not trusting his knee because it doesn't feel the same as it did before he got injured. No doubt in my mind, Rose is 100% physically fit to do what he needs to do, but from all inklings, he still seems unsure. Sitting out 16+ months for an ACL surgery is unheard of though. There's a point of being overcautious and I think everyone is guilty. They have to understand, he won't be 100% healthy(physically and mentally) until he plays. I think it is Rose's camp trying to force the Bulls hand into a trade. That or Rose's camp trying to downplay where he is so that if he does come back and struggle, they have enough PR out there explaining why (and thus ensuring fans wait another year and are patient).
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 05:03 PM) sit out the season wut KC Johnson - While always in conservative camp on DRose's return, never thought sitting out season-a maybe Rose raised to @JeffZillgitt-could happen. It sounds like it is Drose vs. Bulls. Rose's camp wants him to sit out and a lot of rumors he will. Sorry, but that is f***ing pathetic. Rose...man up and play.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
I wonder what the Bulls would have to give up. Would they take Rip plus a draft pick or something in a salary dump? Reddick would be a nice fit.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 11:42 PM) Just got back from the Bulls game. What a blast! Boozer came up huge in the 4th. Quite a few Bulls fans there; a lot more than when I saw the Bulls here in Rose's rookie season. It was a great performance by Boozer in the 4th.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 12:22 PM) Derrick Rose has been doing everything and had zero limitations in practice since January 30th. If he made less money and were on a less conservative roster and mattered less, he'd have been playing last week. That being said, the Bulls like to be right, and they've been saying after the ASB for 9 months, and we'll be seeing D very very soon. Supposedly he had still been limited to an extend but now they have him going at full 100%. Not sure what the really means though. Probably has more to do with the fact that by and large they haven't had a lot of opportunities to really practice so the big thing is other guys are staying after practice to help now. Feels like the Bulls are the walking wounded right now. I really miss Hinrich and am surprised I'd say that.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 12:12 PM) Okay Te'o is worthy of a first round grade, your right. The Bears should draft Te'o. Its my opinion, I dont think Te'o is very good. Ive watched him play. He is underwhelming athletically like Mike Taylor. He has been extremely successful in college like Mike Taylor. He is not exactly the same as Mike Taylor, no 2 people are ever exactly the same. If you think Te'o is great, good. If you think the Bears should draft him in the first round, great. I dont think so. But we shall see. Why do you think Te'o is so good? I think Te'o's upside is a Zach Thomas type (and no they aren't the same size). Very sound tackler that will be a good player. I don't see him ever being an elite player at his position and I don't know if he has the athleticism required to play Mike in the cover 2 defense. Or at least not the version the Bears use.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
Rose apparently doing absolutely everything in practice (as of yesterday) and is asking certain teammates to stay late to help him get ready!!! Regarding Bargnani. I hate it since we don't have Asik, but I could see Bargnani's efficiency rates climb significantly on a team like the Bulls where he goes from the #1 option in Toronto to the #3 option (behind Deng/Rose). He can create his own shot and is a good shooter, however, he's also known to be incredibly lazy and not into things (and his efficiency/shooting percentages totally blow). There are some good quotes from some of his various coaches he's had that talk about the type of player he could be...he's just never put in the effort and doesn't have the drive to become that player. However, I could see the value he'd bring and would have to assume if he did come Thibs would put him in a position where he'd at least be in the right spots defensively (similar to what they do with Boozer) and it would be nice to stretch the floor when Rose comes back (knowing that when Rose returns, the paint is going to get a whole lot smaller, which increases the importance of having an outside game, something the Bulls currently absolutely blow at). I really have no idea how they have the record they do. They should be a pretty awful team, but that is why Thibbs is an elite coach in this league as far as I'm concerned.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 07:53 AM) Are you sure? I remember him being regarded as quite a physical specimen...a former safety that was big enough to play linebacker but still had tremendous speed...I remember him being thought of as quite the freak athletically and no one wanted to come out and say it, but especially for being a white guy, which is why the media hyped him up so much. Thats what he was. He was a stud athlete who people didn't know whether he'd be able to play LB or not and figured he would be too big to be a pro safety. He sucked early with the Bears, when they were playing him on the outside, moved him to MLB, and the rest is history.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
SErious question...can Rip Hamilton shoot anymore? He is missing everything.
-
I'm a finalist for the MLB Fan Cave.
https://twitter.com/whitesox Pretty impressive....Keep rocking the vote peeps!!! Vote MHALL!!! http://mlbfancave.mlb.com/fancave/vote.jsp...bid=_EcWOOAHPne