Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 05:15 AM) HIMYM was terrible last night. One of my least favorit episodes of the series. And to think I watched it last night and enjoyed it.
  2. QUOTE (SnB @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 07:55 PM) you're a crazy person I might be crazy, but aren't you getting your masters in accounting Soon you'll be joining the club!
  3. QUOTE (Wanne @ Feb 27, 2011 -> 09:39 AM) Me neither...much rather have Paulie in the 3 hole than Rios. Rios after the two would be a billion double plays. Either way if the guys all produce like they are capable of, it shouldn't matter a ton, imo.
  4. I'm exhausted. Over 80 hours worked, plus sat for my last CPA exam today. Wednesday we issue our first of the huge reports and than the hours can start to go back to normal. Can't...Freaking...Wait!!!
  5. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 01:25 PM) I'm not that worried about the fastball. Jenks did this thing every year where he came to camp throwing at like 91. By the end of the spring he was fine. I don't think you can use that as an argument. I think Peavy will recover, but Jenks was just fat, Peavy is coming back from an injury no pitcher has ever suffered.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to dasox24's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 06:24 PM) Thanks. For anyone who has made it to a 2nd round interview for an internship, do they tend to ask a lot of technical questions then? Or is that saved for job interviews? I've had a ton of 1st round interviews where no technical problems are asked and 1 other second round interview where they didn't ask basically anything. I'm going to assume that since it is for an internship that there won't be a lot of technical questions. The reality is you are going to be pretty green as of now. I think it will be more behavioral type of questions and just talking through things you accomplished, how you work as a team, etc.
  7. QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 07:42 PM) Bosh 1 for 18, bench 1 for 8, and lose by 4 in Chicago. Heat have to feel pretty good. And Joakim is a +/- -20. How often will that happen? I'll take the win.
  8. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 11:51 AM) Ahahaha. Taj is not a dime a dozen. There aren't many guys his size that play the defense he does. By the way, I'm not insisting that we don't give up Taj. Just stating that he has a lot of value and that is why plenty of teams are asking for him. And in general, quality bigs just aren't dime a dozen players, that is why they get paid as much as they do for being relatively mediocre in general.
  9. Sorry to hear that.
  10. QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 11:46 AM) Players like Taj are a dime a dozen. Asik has more long-term potential as an actual center, but I have no problem getting rid of 25 yr old, 2nd year Taj. Ahahaha. Taj is not a dime a dozen. There aren't many guys his size that play the defense he does.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    Free 100 to 100,000 in AA miles for liking them on facebook.
  12. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2011 -> 05:31 AM) Wooooooo! When I saw the highlight this morning, I immediatley thought of you. NO conference wins since 1985, wow, I wasn't quite 2.
  13. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 09:25 PM) Well that and the fact that he went nuts in the 4th almost single handily putting the East back in it. Oh and being only the second player ever to have a triple double doesn't hurt his case either. Maybe robbed was a strong word, but other than the fan/home court and the West winning (though others in the past have won when their team has lost), he should have gotten it. I'm not getting worked up about an all-star game though and won't even debate about it longer because its an exhibition game. No way. Had his team won, he would have gotten the award. Kobe put up one of the highest scoring all star games in league history himself and had quite a few "wow" plays. The most deserving player won the award.
  14. That was the best dunk contest in years. Griffin shoudln't have won, but I was thoroughly entertained and that first round was epic. Chewduncka got totally hosed.
  15. Fullerton is playing 2 today.
  16. Damn. Still a lot to go before it is done though.
  17. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 11:02 AM) You, my friend, are wrong. Deep dish is disgusting. Completely agree. Thin Crust >>>>>> Deep Dish.
  18. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 10:42 AM) Melo to the Nets if he agrees to an extension. What are the terms? Where did you here this?
  19. QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 09:14 AM) He's definitely our backup. Before Noah got hurt, Thomas didn't play at all. Part of that was by choice though. The Bulls wanted Thomas to save his minutes until crunch time.
  20. Chisoxfn replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 11:15 PM) Some thoughts on NBC sitcoms: 1.) The Office is OFFICIALLY dead to me. Garbage. 2.) Adam Scott, despite being tough to look at, is a very funny man (as witnessed on Party Down) and showcased his talents on tonight's Parks and Rec. Well done, Mr. Scott. 3.) How the f*** does Community keep getting better? Donald Glover just sitting comatose in the presence of LeVar Burton is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. "more fish for Kunta", classic. Community is just on a roll
  21. QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 08:37 PM) Every time I hear someone complain about work (I'm not saying you are complaining because obviously you are not), the conversation goes something like this: Employed complainer: Man, work is killing me. I'm so tired. Blah blah blah Me (unemployed): I'll trade job situations with you right now, just give me your job. Employed complainer: Dude, no way. Me (unemployed): Then shut the f*** up. You have a job and I don't but you don't see me walking around complaining about it. There are a lot of people out there right now that would love to be in your situation and they wouldn't whine about it at the end of the day. The Public firms are looking for people, in fact, they are downright hurting for people in some areas. The majority of the demand is at a senior level but they've started adding on summer internships. You can try reaching out to Deloitte Chicago, they might be in need. I know our office has hired a few people recently and we are bringing in at least one more to assist through busy season. And despite the hours, I in some crazy way, like what I do, aahahhaa.
  22. I wouldn't expect them to close there doors anytime soon. This is purely a move to get away from some debt.
  23. I've worked 52 hours since Monday. I'm tired and loads more to do...ahh the glamorous life of an accountant (and no, this has nothing to do with taxes), haha.
  24. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 04:57 PM) Before Noah got hurt, they were one of the top 3 teams in the league in pace (Possessions per game or however you define it). After Noah got hurt, they've been in the bottom 10. Adding Boozer into the equation also changed the way the Bulls could play to an extent. A guy like Boozer makes you an improved half court team. That said, you know they will pick up the pace with Noah back. The reality is this entire team has barely played together and it will take some time until we see how the team will play with everyone healthy (hopefully they stay healthy).
  25. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 04:09 PM) I agree completely. Noah is a max 15 PPG scorer and most of that is junk points. There won't be much of an adjustment period once he comes back. At least there shouldn't be. The team has to get used to playing with all of there guys though and that will take some time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.